Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
mmm, i dont think it would be cheaper... a gf3 with tv out is over cdn$600 (usd$400?) and i dont know if it's got video in as well.
hmm, i wonder, would you need a good sound card too?
what about cpu?
hey i want a remote control too :D
what happens if you're playing Doom 3 or ePS2e (or whatever we'll be playing) and recording the show at the same time?

·
Registered
751 Posts
I don't think the original ques. to this thread was ever fully answered, so i'll give it a try.... but instead of telling anybody why.......i'll show why

·
Old Geezer
148 Posts
Same reason why I own legitimate copies of Win98, Win95, win 3.1, Visual Basic 6.0 and other software. I like mine software legitimate, not cracked or pirated, even how bad the software may be ;)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Because it's a good, FAST emulater.... look at my screen shots or the ones on the screen shot part of the emuforums.

nuff said:eyes:

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Zell,

like I said earlier (and most people who replied to this thread), when bleem! was out, it was the only *working* playstation emulator out there (aside from PSEmu Pro, but bleem!'s compatibility was much much higher). Plus, I figured Randy (the guy who single-handedly coded the whole thing) deserved some support for what he has done.

bleem! might not be the best emulator out there anymore, but think about it.... if there was no bleem!, would the PSX emu scene bloom and flourish the way it is now?

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the speed.... bleem! ran SFEX alpha at FULL SPEED on my measly P200MMX with a Voodoo2.... no other emulator could accomplish that at the moment.

·
Old Geezer
148 Posts
Yah, that's my reason as well. I agree also that bleem is very fast, even on a 233Mhz computer. Compare that to VGS, which skips a lot even with my 350mhz computer; bleem doesn't. Espxe run well, but still skips sometimes.

·
Registered
270 Posts
say wut? try b! demo? never!

Originally posted by takwu
plus, there are still NEW games that run better, more playable, on bleem than other emus (perhaps not VGS)

If you got a game that don't play well on ePSXe etc. try the bleem demo, and who knows maybe you want to buy bleem then.
juz try the cracked full version
:D

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
Hmm...why did I buy Bleem!...

I believe that, back in September of '99, I was fascinated by the idea of an emulator gone commercial, and what it meant (no longer feeling that I'm doing something 'illegal', though that feeling has passed)... so I bought it. I tried a few games, none of them worked, but I simply shrugged and said "maybe later." Well, they eventually released a new version (1.5), and...interesting, it ran a couple of games, but extremely slow. And at the time, I'd managed to buy a couple games that ran at a good speed with the previous version (a 400 Mhz P2 was used). So again, I shrugged, and figured "maybe later."...well, later almost never came, and Bleem!, a commercial emulator, never reached a usable state for some 75% of the games out there. Do I personally regret buying it? No, I didn't buy it for compatability or speed, but just an 'interesting piece of software,' but I feel that they've seriously screwed lots of people over by charging for a piece of software that should never have left beta stages (It should STILL be called a beta).

Now what do I mean by 'beta stages'? Well, simply put, it doesn't work smoothly. Take, for example ePSXe - in my opinion, it only recently left beta stages (all the 'betas' they used for testing were 'alphas' in this analogy), but they don't charge anything - so no problem there. If they want to release 'beta' software, more power to them (it's a good thing), as long as they don't charge. If they don't release their 'alphas', well, they have their (good) reasons.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
gotta disagree with KillerShots.

you are saying bleem should still be beta because it does not play a helluva lot of games.

yes, it does not play a helluva lot of games. but no it should not still be in beta because of that. it's simply not *supposed* to.

it is a finished product that does certain things. not everything you want.

i think it's this kind of thinking from the public that pushed bleem inc to release SINGLE game packs for the DC. i guess it is much easier to understand the *expected* compatibility of an emulator, when it is only one game :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: Well, actually

Originally posted by Gstkein
A lot of ppl just download a cracked version of bleem so they get it cause it´s good and free

Can anyone get the cracked versions of Bleem! to work at all? I've tried several cracks and 'The Blue Screen of Death' appears, saying there is an error in the 'zcrack.dll or whatever it's called. I have Windows ME. Any ideas how to get it working?

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
it's people like you that get threads closed, mister.

i suggest you edit/delete your post before an Admin sees you.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.