Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do we need a new version of epsxe? I thought the plugins you use are the only things that improve performance and graphics. Wouldn't it be better if we got a pete opengl and eternal spu plugin rather then a newer version of epsxe? If not, then why? Im new to emulation so If anyone can explain this to me it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The reason for a new version of epsxe, like it sates on the NGEmu main page is for compatibility puposes, the plugins dont cover everything that the emulator does, there are some internal bugs, ie. Parasite Eve 2, and there are a few other bugs. These bugs cant be corrected by the plugins alone. Besides everyone loves a new version. :)

~fluffy~

·
Premium Member
6,302 Posts
Well,the main purpose of a new release is compatibility,and as you said,plugins are doing a good part of the job,but they only do what the emu tells them to do(OK,I know it could have been said in other ways ,but that was the more simple),so a new version means that plugins may(or may not)perform better,also,a new release can fix issues that only some persons were having.

G

·
Speed is coming, so is more compatability. ePSXe is like the PSX itself. With out it, the plugins mean nothing. ePSXe does the main work, while the plugins enhance and support it. So if ePSXe was not updated (a new version) from time to time, it would soon fall behind and be unable to play the newest games or make use of the latest and greatest plugins. That is the reason for new versions.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Originally posted by Phoenix Flame
I live and dream for a day when I'll be able to play Chrono Cross without having to bash F7 or constantly fiddle with the GPU to get the blur effects working.
The F7 problem can be avoided by adding "-cdinc" to the emulator's command line.

G

·
ePSXe does have some to w/the graphics, but it is mainly the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) plugins that do that. So as the Plugins evolve and improve, so will the Graphics.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
I code therefore I am.
412 Posts
Oh yeah.. one nifty feature I would like to see is a feature to spew out information for the display.. and also serial port plugin defined.
The later I would like so one can use the connectivity built in to the PSX for playing games head to head :)

Another plugin option I would like, is what I term a BIOS plugin. This nifty thing fetches the CD-ROM GPU stubs and whatever else can be accessed by the bios and then gives a generic call interface for doing the BIOS functions.

Cyb

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.