Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Read Only
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody.

This is one of many questions that pop in my head, hope I can learn something from this.

So I see people having names as Satanic, Devil, using the 666 numbers on purpose, Satanic symbols and the sort, listening to death metal or whatever is called.

What I want to know is, why do they do that?
Is it ignorance or they do it on purpose, knowing what does things mean?
What drives them to use those things?

I don't want to offend anybody with this thread, just want to get some info out of this.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
because religion is bull****.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Hey everybody.

This is one of many questions that pop in my head, hope I can learn something from this.

So I see people having names as Satanic, Devil, using the 666 numbers on purpose, Satanic symbols and the sort, listening to death metal or whatever is called.

I don't want to offend anybody with this thread, just want to get some info out of this.
right first off i really hate the people who use 666, just for the whole reason that actually it has been proven that it is 616

heres some evidence to back up this

second off death metal (and all other deriviations) isnt (usually) about worshiping satan, it is more against people who preach religion as a whole.

Third off people use satanistic terms in there name to comform to the religion of satanisum (sp?) (unless they are little kids in which case they are just attention seeking fools), where they use the name of the christian "boogy monster", or some other satanistic symbol to get up the nose of the christian faith, (since that is one of the main religions across the world and usually the one doing the preaching).

random fact they belive that an entity exists, but they dont know what it is, and they dont like the idea of other religions preching to them agressivally (i would put examples but, i do not want to derail this topic) and are displaying it through music and other defiant means.

Just to clarify im not a satanist.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Yeah sorry I know that I'm also ignorant of what does things really mean but that is one of the reasons why I don't use those things.
hell we were all clueless sometimes, no need to appologize, and its usually better not to use these things anyway it usually just ends in arguments.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
It's often just a way to express feelings they feel they can't because of a closed minded society. This entire "Satanistic" stuff is about kicking against the norms. And as soon as norms and morals aren't christian, it must be work of satan, hence the label was formed.

I usually takes puns at this as well, heck I'm a metalhead, why not take the piss out of stereotypes by confirming them myself. Keeps the good spirit alive.

As for the music; I think it's mostly an image thing as well, they're the rebels, parents hate it, mainstream hates it. And through their collective negativity they share a bond. Face it, some people are just fed up with the morals and hypocrisy of those who turned them into laws. You'll find lots of these people mostly in the punk and black metal scene by the way, not Death metal, despite the naming.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
but i would like to add on the music front, i draw the line a goregrind, for obvious reasons.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
because religion is bull****.
Satanism (in its true meaning/way) is based of religion being a satanist means also believing in god its just that your worshiping the devil and not god.

Hey everybody.

I listen to Death Metal around 16-18 i didn't like the lyrics (truth be told i didn't understood them either cause of all the voice changing) but some had a good rhythm or at least i thought so. As for 666 it was the number of the beast short story someone thought he saw a "evil creature" in the dark having 666 eyes (though i really don't think he stayed to count he was probably to busy running like a girl and pissing in his pants, if he had any), later being associated with the devil. As for the rest a part of them just think that these will make them more interesting and "cool" at least that's how it was with the satanist i meet, unfortunately i wasn't able to talk to many of them since one of my friends was to busy to beat the crap of every satanist he saw, (no he isn't a religious guy).

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Satanism (in its true meaning/way) is based of religion being a satanist means also believing in god its just that your worshiping the devil and not god.
that depends on what you class as the true meaning. There are many i just described Modern Satanism myself as it is the one that is most widely reconised in the metal community. (before you critisize me, i learned what i know from youtube comments, and some people i met, so it isnt the best of sources.)

heres an small part of a wiki page for everyone on satanism incase you are interested on the types

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism

·
Read Only
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As for the rest a part of them just think by these they will be more interesting and "cool" at least that's how it was with the satanist i meet, unfortunately i wasn't able to talk to many of them since one of my friends was to busy to beat the crap of every satanist he saw, (no he isn't a religious guy).
Whatt oO

So your friend picked up fights with them??

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
As for 666 it was the number of the beast
*IRON'S PUN GOES HERE!!!!!!* sorry but you walked into it.

And i have nothing to say on that *person* strike105x apart from he sounds a bit closed minded, and against free speach for that matter, if he just beat them up on the spot for being a satanist.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
No my friend is a big (as big as @ruantec at least) "gorilla" who also did/still does kickboxing and works as a bodyguard in various clubs, he didn't pick up fights with them he wiped the floor with (since one punch and they where down) them, otherwise he is a ok kind of guy.

And i have nothing to say on that *person* strike105x apart from he sounds a bit closed minded, and against free speach for that matter, if he just beat them up on the spot for being a satanist.
I never said i agreed with him, usually his motive where cause satanist here are like emo's everywhere actually in a way many satanist i meet = emo's + some satanic impressions.

Edit: he didn't beat them really on the spot, he asked a few question first, if they wouldn't always provide with emo answers they would have probably escaped the torpedo.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Actually, listening to the preaching of the old folks each night, there's this protestant booklet they read out loud, I'm a satanist as well. For I take matters in my own hand and aim to decide my own fate rather than trusting in Jesus and a god. If it weren't for, what they call "satanism", humanity would still be living in the stone age without any healthcare or technology.

Many religious people associate open mindedness with satanism. I pity them for having to blame everything on fantasy creatures while they're deluding themselves with man-created myths.

As for metal bands: At one festival there was this black metal / hardcore band that let the audience chant "**** you jesus"... That was definitely one of the most pitiful sights I've ever seen. It was so tasteless I could hardly bear the sight of hearing all these puppets.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Actually, listening to the preaching of the old folks each night, there's this protestant booklet they read out loud, I'm a satanist as well. For I take matters in my own hand and aim to decide my own fate rather than trusting in Jesus and a god. If it weren't for, what they call "satanism", humanity would still be living in the stone age without any healthcare or technology.

Many religious people associate open mindedness with satanism. I pity them for having to blame everything on fantasy creatures while they're deluding themselves with man-created myths.
i agree with this idea of this type of satanism, but i dont want to burden myself with a label, especialy one as depremental to any future carrer as this one.

I never said i agreed with him, usually his motive where cause satanist here are like emo's everywhere actually in a way many satanist i meet = emo's + some satanic impressions.

Edit: he didn't beat them really on the spot, he asked a few question first, if they wouldn't always provide with emo answers they would have probably escaped the torpedo.
well then they are in my oppinion "posser satanists (emos in disguise)" (sounds like a cartoon title i know) or future satanists, i genrarly dont agree with them personally and they may have enjoyed the beating themself, but it still in my moral view does not seem right. But must of been entertaining to watch jk.

*ahh moral highground the air here seems fresh been to long since ive been here.* :)

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts

Well it did all start from religion i see no problem with what i said, while it is true that there are various ways of satanism i never denied them, i was just referring to one in particular.

But must of been entertaining to watch jk.

*ahh moral highground the air here seems fresh been to long since ive been here.* :)
Truth be told i didn't give a f***, I did say to him: why do you loose your time with them? we should just ignore them and be on our way", he replied: "its fun and it gives satisfaction to punch idiots" me: "you realize if the police catch you i don't plan on going with you right ?" him: Don't worry i'll go alone i wont involve you XD" after that it was just "k".

As for being fun i didn't really get it cause it was all over with one punch with questions a few seconds.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
As for being fun i didn't really get it cause it was all over with one punch with questions a few seconds.
*falls from highground* it was good while it lasted.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.