Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
Didn't the Pocket Station come out in the USA, because the PC version of FF8 came with a little program that simulates the Pocket Station so u could get all the extra goodies like friendship, and ribbons, and a friend of mine once showed me pics of it in a magazine ages ago!! (I think :eyes: )

PS: What do u think of the Avater?!! :D

·
I code therefore I am.
412 Posts
There is a pocket station emulator.
I downloaded it off the net.. there are only 4 real sites with pocketstation information that I found. Apparently the pocketstation had an LCD that was 32x32 pixels and used an ARM thump processor. it had 128K 'FLASH' Ram for storing your game in and 2K of actual RAM and a real time clock.

You can get the games etc off the net (Including Chocobo world etc.) and the pocket station emulator is kind of fun to play with too. Personally I would like to be able to get the Pocketstation GF's for FF8 without cheating for them ;) :)

Cyb

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
I shall have to look for a Pocket Station EMU then, it would b nice if ePSXe could intergrate the pocketstation one day, but I think getting all the games to run is more important!?! The FF8 pocketstation GF's are good to watch, but do not compare to the might of Eden, and Bahumaut (if that is spelt right!!), the only useful thing I got out of it was refinable items, and some Ribbons, mwhhaaaa Marlboro's take that u evil swines :rofl:

I don't know of any other games that used the pocket station :confused: !!

Oh and here's some tech I found

http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~fezzik/virtualboy/pocketstation.html

·
Trans-Am Mode
998 Posts
Didn't the Pocket Station come out in the USA
well said, Ckemu. there are some reviews about that in some gaming magazines about the pocketstation.
main reason about it why it's not developed in the US is because some games :confused: only use this function.

ps. we have it in here in the philippines but didn't buy it. (too expensive for me, i guess :D

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
ty :) found some more info, it was $49.99 in the USA!! OUCH :eek: lol I found some pics of it to, really tiny thing, not to dissimiliar to the GameBoy, but less buttons and a little more curvy!!

I will add some pics of it when I figure out how to add images directly into my post from my machine!! :p (still thick!!)

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
its like a VMU except oval shaped.
and if you do find the emulator, it was a leaked beta and id appreciate it if you guys dont spread it around to respect the author.

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
It was compatible with these games:

- Final Fantasy VIII
- Ridge Racer Type 4
- IQ Final
- Crash Bandicoot 3 (jap version)
- Lunatic Dawn III
- Monsters Farm 2
- Pocket Muu Muu
- Tamamayu Monogatari

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
Originally posted by Bgnome
its like a VMU except oval shaped.
and if you do find the emulator, it was a leaked beta and id appreciate it if you guys dont spread it around to respect the author.
Of course, its gonna b hard to find anyhow, I just want to c how it runs, and what it looked like, oh and I respect ALL emu authors!!!!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Actually, I believe that the PocketStation never came out in the US. I heard that they were so popular in Japan that there weren't enough to go around to the US by the set launch date so they didn't even bother.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol well to tell u the truth i already have a pocketstation(import from store called software sceonds) i just wanted to no why it didn't hit US but the last post was a very reasonable one

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
It was defiently launched in the US, but only for a brief time, (I have done some research), it was pulled out of the US due to lack of sales, and the fact the PS 2 over shadowed it!

Still can't find the emu for it, oh well looks like I might have to use my programmin' skills ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts