Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm just a newbie at this whole PS emulation, so I'm just trying to run ePSXe with the PS games I already have, but I haven't been able to save my configurations. When the config wizard walks me through the initial set-up cuz it's my first time running the emulator, it reminds me that I should restart the emulator so that the config settings can take affect. So I close the program, and re-activate it again, but it still thinks I'm only running it for the first time and asks me to go through the wizard again. Am I doing something wrong? Please help.

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
I think epsxe is having troubles when saving data to your registry. Reinstall epsxe and see if it works. If not, try using epsxecutor.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Are you using two versions of epsxe? It happens to me as well when I run and configure epsxe 1.4 and after that if I run epsxe 1.2 then next time If I run epsxe 1.4 it will ask for configuring again but it only asks, configurations are already saved so no need to configure again in my case.

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by Sizzler
Hey everyone! I'm just a newbie at this whole PS emulation, so I'm just trying to run ePSXe with the PS games I already have, but I haven't been able to save my configurations. When the config wizard walks me through the initial set-up cuz it's my first time running the emulator, it reminds me that I should restart the emulator so that the config settings can take affect. So I close the program, and re-activate it again, but it still thinks I'm only running it for the first time and asks me to go through the wizard again. Am I doing something wrong? Please help.
Are you using Win2000/WinXP? If so, are you using and account with administrative rights?

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
146 Posts
Originally posted by Xeven
maybe you were not able to finish ALL of the configs or maybe you need to restart?
Xeven, I just wondered if you ever actually experienced the problem you have suggested. :confused: I have never had a problem with my emulator remebering configurations if I didn't configure everything at once. If I had, my emulator would not be working yet, because it took a lot of trial and error to configure the silly thing. I'm no computer expert, but it just seems to me that an emulator with such a problem would never work, and further wouldn't be worth the trouble. I certainly wouln't want to have to reconfigure my emulator everytime I wanted to play. You already have to reconfigure it almost everytime you change games. Your suggestion is definitely something to consider. It just seems a little off-the-walls to my "not very knowledgable in the computer realm" mind. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts