Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi as you probaly know im new and i was wondering why are the mods so strict about distributing advising seling talking about pirated games and bioses i know its illigal but come on thats what emulators are for whats the harm with someone throwin up a link its not like anyone goes out and tells the law (but there easily could be sony reps moniterring this board and doing something about it) im glad im ripping off sony as like all of you probaly are!! i used to own a psx but i sold it now i rent games and image them onto my brand new 60gb ibm deskstar for 2 no not even $5...2 dollars and im dam glad i can.. delete this post if you want.....but when you delete it your doing the same thing big companys are tryin to do to the emu scene .....delete it. emu is all about ripping people off its about people coming together to bring the masses free gaming and while doing it shoving your ****ing finger up at the sonys and microsofts of the world AND I THINK WERE DOING A DAMN GOOD JOB P.S does anyone know where you can get the source for epsxe i want to work a couple bugs out myself and recompile it

·
Registered
154 Posts
First of all, we dont allow people to post links to any illegal content because when it all boils down we as the "owners" of this board can be found liable for the content, and i think anyone can understand that we really dont want that to happen. Second of all, about the emulators, you are completely wrong, the emulators arent made to rip off anybody, in fact most of the time it is purely to show that it can be done, in that, the authors prove themselves as programmers, this is one way of promoting themselves in hope that a nice company might pick them up. There will always be people who use emus with illegal intentions thats up to them, and if you do that, you should keep it to yourself, yelling out that you are a pirate and so on will just prove that you are an idiot.
And last of all, about the ePSXe source, dont bother asking, especially you, the authors wont distribute it and thats that.

~fluffy~

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
my, such a twisted view of reality you have, eazyt. :(

·
Registered
134 Posts
You are going to correct bugs on the ePSXe emulator? hmm, whats wrong with this picture? Anyone that has the slightest idea of coding, would at least keep his mouth shut about the 'grey emulation scene'.

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
trying to justify something illegal by saying that everybody else is doing it has got to be the lamest/twisted things i've ever heard. I'm not a puritanical ass, but i know i never coded anything just to try to rip off somebody's work.. or to promote illegal acts or things like that. Part of it come's from trying to achieve the 'hard' the 'impossible' , the 'insane' and the pride and awesome feeling you get when you've accomplished it. Maybe you should try it sometime instead of making up a twisted excuse for your acts...
sad.. :(

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
If Sony(or any other gaming company) finds out illegal stuff in this forum, they can easily close this board, and I think that the 2600+ members would really hate it.

About the source, the epsxe authors team are highly skilled and I think you can't do better than they do.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Considering your current outlook on things, I'd imagine you have little or no programming experience, and that you wouldn't even manage to compile ePSXe properly..

Not to mention the fact that it's closed-source..

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
Originally posted by eazyt
P.S does anyone know where you can get the source for epsxe i want to work a couple bugs out myself and recompile it
can you please stop making me laugh?

And,not everyone behave like you,which totally dont respect the games developers.I dont deny that i use illegal sofewares once for a while, but i will always buy a legal copy of the software if it is worth it and i can affort it,like final fantasy series,soul reaver,Tekken3 and some others games which i own the legal copies.

Btw, i wouldnt have bought the Tekken3 if not becouse i can use epsxe to play it.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
its guys like this that give the emulation scence its bad rep
im closing this thread before anyone else throws his 2 cents at this guy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.