Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I don't want to know which was the first game you played, or what's your favorite one.

I just wonder why you started to play console video games, (that's why you now play games emulated, after all.)

Was it an image of a game, a sound, a music you liked ?
Friends that told you about their passion ?

As for me, it was an ad for 'Sonic' on Master System that made all the stuff begin ...

And about you ?

S

·
0 Posts
MSX

the first computer we had was an MSX (2), and it was also the first I saw emulated. PLUS it was what got me into the emu scene.

No wonder I like PSX emulation as well...almost the same name ,
and the same great Konami games ;)
Sony had a hand in MSX as well...

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Longish story. Never bought console as a kid 'cos my father didn't believe in them. Instead I got a pc "cos it was eductaional". Got hooked on it. Anyways in '94 pcf had a speccy emu one the frontcover. Got me interested for a while but without a net connection forgot about it. Then got a net connection in '96 and was looking though old mags for cool sites to check out and came accross that issue. Hence I started to play all thouse games that all the other kids had and have been lurking ever since (until apr when I finally decided to actually post something)

·
Registered
215 Posts
I started when i heard i could get a super nintendo emulator called zsnes and play secret of mana 2 and all the unrealeases in the u.s final fantasy games transalated at that time i didnt even know how to unzip things and look at me now im playing playstation games on my pc then i found out about final 1 and 2 on nesticle

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Hum... It started with Zsnes. It was the first emulator I ever used. At that time, I used it to play Mario, Yu Yu Hakusho, Zelda: A Link to the Past and I wanted to play Yoshi's Island, but at that time it wasn't playable yet with any emu.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
My first video game ever was Seiken Densetsu (formerly known as Final Fantasy Adventure for the US version)
then I bought a snes, and secret of mana was my first game on this one (known also as Seiken Densetsu 2 and blabla :) ).
At that time, i wasn't able to afford Seiken 3, which has never been released out of Japan (dang... That plainly sucked) ; then on my first time on the net (yay!), i found a certain emulator called Zsnes (version 0.300 if I remember well :) ).
That's how i became interested for emulation, always taking the brand new versions of zsnes in order to play seiken 3 =)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks ...

Thanks a lot to everyone who answered to my little question. It is nice to know all of you better. Hope to read you again soon ...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've always been a big Star Wars fan and remember wanting to spend my days in the arcade playing Star Wars, Space Invaders, Pac-Man, Firefox (game of the film, anyone remember it? not ever seen it emulated).. My dad wayyyyyyyyyyyy back got me a Atari 2600, when they were new :eek:

Emulation, well, although I have been online since 1995, it took me a long time before I discovered the first Sega System 16 emulator.. My favourite games of all time are the Sega trio of Outrun, Space Harrier and Afterburner (the first of a kind in the arcade too.. OMG IT MOVES :O ) .... It wasn't that well emulated, but it has kept me looking at the scene, playing games, etc.. ever since.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Final Fantasy!! The mighty Final Fantasy!! When I saw the Trailler of FFVIII in TV i had to p lay it... and now I can't live with out them all!:D

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
well, for me,
my brother show me the power of final fantasy VIII in a PSX then he show me how to play it in the PC cauze we don´t have a PSX :p so Im here now :cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seems all of you (and me too :eyemove: !) spend too many time in front of screen !!!

Hope it's good for our culture ...

Well, err ... another question : What do your family and your friends think of that hobby ? (Being an emulation freak !)

Many of my cousins (and even my sister !) now play RPG emulated 'cause of me, for example. But my mother didn't like to see me playing more than a few hour a week (3 or 4 !)

I wonder if we are not ... normal people !! :confused: (J/k)

·
5,797 Posts
Originally posted by bertram25
Seems all of you (and me too :eyemove: !) spend too many time in front of screen !!!

Hope it's good for our culture ...

Well, err ... another question : What do your family and your friends think of that hobby ? (Being an emulation freak !)

Many of my cousins (and even my sister !) now play RPG emulated 'cause of me, for example. But my mother didn't like to see me playing more than a few hour a week (3 or 4 !)

I wonder if we are not ... normal people !! :confused: (J/k)
buuu.....
well my mother sometimes say to me...
Why don´t you have a real live? why you continue whit your brother´s occupation? ^^
but at the end she ends buying us a new game :D

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
My parents don't care I'm playing games on my computer. On the other hand, they give me grief for watching Japanese cartoons all the time. :p

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Let's see... I received my first NES in 1993 with Mario\Duck Hunt and Mike Tyson's Punch Out. I had always wanted one since I was a young lad and finally got one. It was 30 dollars canadian at a garage sale.
For Emulation It was seeing my friend play Final Fantasy 5 on zsnes back in 96 that really got me excited. However I did not get my first computer until 2 years ago.

·
5,797 Posts
Originally posted by Xeven
well at least she likes to buy you games.. :p
Or... Giving us money :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts