Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that Asians are always the blame for unemployment and financial crisis in North America. Why??

It appears that anti-immigration sites which I accidently bumped into, sounds so much like isolationists. Okay I agree that immigration in the US and Canada should be controlled, but at least they don't have to make asians look like sub-humans on their websites.

I would agree that the "white man" has been prejudiced but you can't say that all asians are out to get you.

People still call chinese people "ch**ks" as if it is nobody's buisness, are you oblivous to the fact of how much they suffered? Nanjing under the Japanese, revolution of Mao government, Tibet, etc etc. Not all 1 billion chinese support their government. I have close friends who are university grads and some are from North Korea and China. They certainly are not the slow-reacting, emotionless, dumb people as potrayed in anti-immigration websites. Does that make me a traitor?? Chinese are not all communists, but you can't oppose a dictatorship like you can in a democracy environment.
And the first concern for anti-immigration people is asian, ALWAYS asia. Strange they never complain about the electronic products they have.

Is diversity raising xenophobia?? Why blame entire races instead of blaming nature itself??

I forgot the websites but you can search anti-immigration on google. I will repost the links if I find them.

Bottom line. I agree that immigration should be controlled. But it is wrong to justify a cause by degrading an entire continent of over 2 billion people.
And most of all how is the fact that the "white man" is slowly becoming a minority a threat to humanity?? Why is Asia especially China hated so much?

I am posting this because I am tired of people online(not this forum), posting anti-asian comments like nobody's buisness and never get banned. And for the fact that anti-immigration people make themselves look like poor victims while dehumanizing asians, always asians. why? Not to mention it is the only continent where nukes have been used and kill people. The after effects are still there and people in hiroshima and nagasaki are still having some problems with remaining radiation.

Global isolationism? but that would only increase the fear and divide the world even more, yes?

Your opinions are welcome.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Well, the US is afraid of Asia's increase in power, espicially china, cos as I can see, China is going to be the next superpower in the world, besides USA ofcourse.
When There was still USSR, they were a threat too the US.
And besides, don't you find it funny that the US always make fun and show the people that it's afraid of as hooligans, barbarians and incredibly stupid people, with limited thinking? They make that image just to show that they are nothing to be feared.

·
Registered
504 Posts
It's racism, that's all. People will always find something to bi#*h about, doesn't matter what. Why asian's? cause their is alot of them and they are easily identified. You can't tell if someone is german or spanish or if they are arab or mexican very easily, but when you see someone who can be blindfold with dentalfloss, you know you got your man.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found it, it is here:

http://www.canadafirst.net/

I bumped into this one actually. I agree that the fact that the immigration system have issues. But to dehumanize an entire race to achieve a goal??

Alot of anti-chinese, anti-indian stuff is there. And they claim that only Asians bring diseases. Well the next time these suckers go into their toyota car or turn on their playstation they better have an anti-bio suit on or risk of catching sars.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
ChaosMaster said:
Well, the US is afraid of Asia's increase in power, espicially china, cos as I can see, China is going to be the next superpower in the world, besides USA ofcourse.
When There was still USSR, they were a threat too the US.
And besides, don't you find it funny that the US always make fun and show the people that it's afraid of as hooligans, barbarians and incredibly stupid people, with limited thinking? They make that image just to show that they are nothing to be feared.

Sounds to me like you're the one whos misinformed. If you're going to judge an entire line of people based off a few fanatics. Your opinion is ignorant an unjustified. Some of my best friends are asian. Including online friends. (Hi Demigod! :wub: )

The only reason US people might be annoyed by asians is if they fill up our US mmorpg servers and start going around "Kekeke" at me. ;p

·
band
4,912 Posts
ive never noticed any prejudice around me. but mebe thats cuz i live in Toronto, where no one is a majority.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And besides, I hear companies are moving their industrial plants from the US across the pacific due to its cheap labour overseas. Fewer jobs for Americans but more opened overseas as a result. Immigration is one thing, but what happens when companies emigrate? ooohh. Not necessarily immigrants fault. But scapegoats are desperately needed anyways. WWIII isn't to far away I guess.

Made in Japan, Made in China, Made in Malaya, Made in Singapore, Made in Taiwan........ Not that much is made in USA anymore I guess. China opening its borders to buisnessmen and corperate leaders taking advantage of its vast manpower and cheap labour is nothing new.

It won't be long before we see an ANTI-Emigration website.

·
Registered
359 Posts
"Sounds to me like you're the one whos misinformed"
ChrisRay, I don't quite get you.
Are you implying that I see asians as like what was said in the post, or not?
I don't judge people by what others say about them.
I never did, and never will, and I am not judging an entire population of people.

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Here in Malaysia we Chinese are a minority (although only a few % less then the majority) but at least no one really cares what we are as long as we are all speaking the same language in a conversation

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well here in Canada there are many asian people. But I don't have anything against them. Hell, i'm the last person to be racist. Anyways I can also see how many people can get irritated by immigrants taking their jobs. I can also try to put myself in lets say ... an asians shoes and them maybe wanting to move to one of the "free" countries for a better life.

The only thing I have against asians is that they are smaller and steal all the size Smalls from the stores I shop in :laugh: Other than that I have no problems.

I wouldn't say "America" does either. These are simply some people who voice their opinions, and because it isn't necesarily the right one it tends to get heard more.

So I wouldn't say U.S.A. or any other place for that matter is against Asians. Maybe just not as accepting towards them., in certain cases. America is like a catch 22. They want people to come to America becaue it is "The land of the Free" but on the other hand the only want Americans to have jobs and if let's say an asian takes one they get pissed.

I can see where you're coming from.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Don't care what those F***ed up, s**thead americans say, and neither should you, they are hypocrites that blame every bad thing in their country on some other country, and think they are SOOO much better and that nothing bad comes from themselves!!!(no offence anyone!)

Plus they are afraid that soon they will not be the number one economic superpower...

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
LOL. After saying what you did, I'm sure some American's will take offence :p You just generalized "American's Now maybe you mean American politicians, or some American's? ;)

I do agree about politicians though - especially in America. They are snobs and think they are all that matter. Now not all are like that, but from watching the elections and numerous news shows over the years I can definately say the majority of US politicians are like that.

LOL, maybe we're veering a little O.T.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
As people already pointed out, asians are easy to identify. And some people always need a scapegoat. You'll find this all over the world, not only in the USA or Canada (yeah, even in crappy 3rd world countries you'll find it).

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Ditto about that Argentina, Chile and Brazil feature a huge amount of immigrants (not just asians though) on capitol cities... we don't hate them tho, we just wish they'd keep their cartels in line :evil:

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
It's ironic, my ancestors were immagrants to Malaysia but I can also say the same about americans, Thier ancestors were also immagrants from Europe

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,357 Posts
How foolish. It was the white man who immigrated first to the americas, slaughtered the natives ,put himself onto power and took the land for himself. He's not one to speak....

Yours,
-Elly

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Well all I know is that where I live, in good old Canada, my friends are as varied as the different coloured lightbulbs at christmas. I have no idea why anyone would be racist or sterotypical anymore. If you are racist, then I say FLUCK YOU!

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
There will always be a few ignorant haters. We currently reside in California..at times it seems like the melting pot of ignorance.

Here we have tons of illegal aliens. They hate the Mexicans because they are cheating the tax system, and are taking up the low end jobs. They hate the Asians because they are cheating the tax system, and they take up the high end technical jobs. Finally, they hate the people of India for taking up all the medical jobs. Is it there fault? No...The country / corporations is not controlling it's borders, out sources 75% of employment with work VISAs, and loves the cheap labor.

It does go both ways though...Like some African Americans, there are members of the Asian community that feel they are deserving of more then the average share of benefits. A few enter America and attempt to create homogenous societies within. (Mexicans sort of so this as well). Some refuse to learn the English language, and expect the Government to cater to their needs (I.E signs, voter cards, etc).

It's kind of an odd bag here. We are generally on the outside looking in..at times we can see some reasons for the ignorance, but at the same time you cannot argue that the Mexican and Asian workers are by far the hardest working compared to other nationalities. They also (particularly the Asians) establish support communities to help new families out. (Example? An Asian gentleman comes to America on a work VISA. He lives with an uncle's family, and gains his legal status. He immediately sends for his own wife and children. They remain with the uncle, and this allows the Uncle, the Gentlemen, and the Uncle's wife to work while the gentleman's wife tends to all of the kids. They help each other financially, but eventually the gentleman makes enough money to get his own home probably found new to the market by an Asian owned realtor and broker. Eventually, another family member will move into his home, and the cycle continues). Of course they are going to make an impact on a society that primarily thinks of themselves

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Hmm... hard working mexicans... i hoped more of that kind remained here in Mexico instead of going up there :lol:

Here in Mexico we got quite a different thing. We call it malinchism. That is, there is a tendence to neglect everything national and idolatrize the foreign... to the point of being racist towards the indigenous people and even the mestizos... it is quite sickening if you ask me... :xomunch:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts