Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kaayla T. Daniel said:
Issue 124: May/June 2004

Over the past decade, soy foods have become America's favorite health food. Newspapers, magazines, and best-selling health writers have proclaimed the "joy of soy" and promoted the belief that soy food is the key to disease prevention and maximum longevity.
The possibility that an inexpensive plant food could prevent heart disease, fight cancer, fan away hot flashes, and build strong bodies in far more than 12 ways is seductive. The truth, unfortunately, is far more complex. Soy foods come in a variety of forms, including many heavily processed modern products. Even good forms of soy foods must be eaten sparingly-the way they have been eaten traditionally in Asia. Most important, many respected scientists have issued warnings stating that the possible benefits of eating soy should be weighed against the proven risks. Indeed, thousands of studies link soy to malnutrition, digestive distress, immune-system breakdown, thyroid dysfunction, cognitive decline, reproductive disorders and infertility-even cancer and heart disease.
Americans rarely hear anything negative about soy. Thanks to the shrewd public relations campaigns waged by Archer Daniels Midland (ADM), Protein Technologies International (PTI), the American Soybean Association, and other soy interests, as well as the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) 1999 approval of the health claim that soy protein lowers cholesterol, soy maintains a "healthy" image.
This article is written for parents who need to know the risks of feeding soy formula to infants, or soy milk and other soy foods to growing children. It's designed for prospective mothers and fathers who need to know the links between soy foods, infertility, and birth defects. Finally, it will serve anyone considering soy as a preventive for menopausal symptoms, osteoporosis, cancer, heart disease, or other ills

Full Article - Mothering Magazine

Also

[SIZE=+1]Beware of The Toxicity of Soy Products[/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]Hundreds of epidemiological, clinical and laboratory studies link soy to malnutrition, digestive distress, thyroid dysfunction, cognitive decline, reproductive disorders, cognitive, immune system breakdown, and even heart disease and cancer. [/FONT]Contrary to popular belief that soy is a health food, evidence reveals that soy consumption has been linked to numerous disorders, including infertility, increased cancer and infantile leukemia, Type1 diabetes, and precocious puberty in children have been fed soy formula. (early maturation, such as breast development and menstruation as early as 6 years of age). Scientists have known for years that the isoflavones in soy products can depress thyroid function and cause goiters in otherwise healthy children and adults. A combined research team of Cornell University Medical College and Long Island Community Hospital medical experts have found that children who develop Type1 diabetes are twice as likely to have been fed soy formulas as those fed all other foods This confirms concerns based on animal studies raised in the 1980's and 1990s by Health Canada researcher Dr Fraser Scott and led to the American Academy of Pediatrics issuing their warning to pediatricians against any use of soy based formulas. more

·
band
4,912 Posts
As an asian myself, I never had to think of this stuff and never realized certain westerners were this into 'soy-culture'. I think most asians don't really try to make soy part of our daily lives ... not even the vegetarian ones.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
From what I heard it is the transgenic soy that is ****ed up.(The genetic modified soy). The natural soy is another thing.. Well you never know.

I heard that eating beans can kill you too. I eat beans anyway.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
well, this is just typical of the USA.

they find something which will make money, and stick with it, regardless of the health impact (dairy based infant formula's for one)

Everyone knows now, that Goats milk is a better substitute to human milk, and yet they are still made of dehydrated, reconstructed Cows milk. oh.. and don't forget the hormones which keep cows lactating.... can't forget them.

From what I heard it is the transgenic soy that is ****ed up.(The genetic modified soy). The natural soy is another thing.. Well you never know.

I heard that eating beans can kill you too. I eat beans anyway.

Its Soy itself. Fermented Soy is safer as the phytoestrogen are broken down considerably to a non existent level.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Religion is retarded.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Yeah, Geralt of Rivia always says: Too much of anything is bad for you.

Seriously, I have eaten so much this days, that I feel like stay for 1 month without eating anything at all. Argh.. I simply cannot see food in front of me.

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
well, this is just typical of the USA.

Everyone knows now, that Goats milk is a better substitute to human milk, and yet they are still made of dehydrated, reconstructed Cows milk. oh.. and don't forget the hormones which keep cows lactating.... can't forget them.
Don't knock female boobies! Boobies are perfect, everything in them included!

Why do you think grown men still want to suck them even when they aren't lactating? :evil:

:thumb:

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Good point Paratech

Its Soy itself. Fermented Soy is safer as the phytoestrogen are broken down considerably to a non existent level.
Damn, I'll never eat soy again. They could be worse than cigarretes, lolz. No wonder they use soy in bio-fuel researchs here in Brazil.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Oh well what will they think of next to complain about water? milk?, honestly this kind of thing happens all the time with other foods, no need to worry about it, most of the time its just a ruse.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Damn, I'll never eat soy again. They could be worse than cigarretes, lolz. No wonder they use soy in bio-fuel researchs here in Brazil.
I doubt it means you should stop eating soy at all... I think it means just that its not a miracle food that can substitute all your your meals and heal your body... It should be used with moderation, like salt.

I can't really understand what the heck were they thinking in the first place, the soy stuff that vegetarians use to substitute meat is just disgusting!:spy: But stuff like soy sauce isn't so bad at certain foods...

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
That's exactly why I used to eat soy 8 years ago. I was a vegetarian hypocrite. But I used to eat those soy grains. Bad times.... I'm glad I got out. :lol: I was so thin that I could fly with the wind.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Oh well what will they think of next to complain about water? milk?, honestly this kind of thing happens all the time with other foods, no need to worry about it, most of the time its just a ruse.

your a tool. an idiotic tool.

This has been going on for years, its no fricking ruse, There are cases of 3 year old girls hitting puberty due to phytoestrogen.
There are cases of sterility in men, particularly vegan men.

The increasing numbers of homosexual men are heavily linked to hormones the baby is exposed to, that includes these fake estrogens.

I doubt it means you should stop eating soy at all... I think it means just that its not a miracle food that can substitute all your your meals and heal your body... It should be used with moderation, like salt.

I can't really understand what the heck were they thinking in the first place, the soy stuff that vegetarians use to substitute meat is just disgusting!:spy: But stuff like soy sauce isn't so bad at certain foods...

Soy Sause is fermented, the majority of the bad **** is gone.

im just pissed at the idea that its ok because asians eat lots of it, WHEN THATS NOT THE CASE.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
your a tool. an idiotic tool.
And you sir are gulable for believing something you hear in articale published in mothering magazine to say something contoversal to get more sales, funny i havent herd of this on newspapers or more reliable sources and the fact it was made in 2004 and funny soy is still on sale and the other website that looks like it was made by a amateur. In all fairness how about i just keep my opinions to myself and we discuss whever this is real or not no more.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think articles exaggerrate (?) too much.
So great, I'm gonna get cancer, becuase I drink soy milk. */sarcasm*.
Also, they did note the amount people should take to prevent complications, in case they choose to take soy products, anyways?

I apologize, but this article pissed me off. People are so ****ing nitpicky...

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
its the nitpicking that will save you from your stupid habbits which have been brainwashed into you by a biased health industry.

And you sir are gulable for believing something you hear in articale published in mothering magazine to say something contoversal to get more sales, funny i havent herd of this on newspapers or more reliable sources and the fact it was made in 2004 and funny soy is still on sale and the other website that looks like it was made by a amateur. In all fairness how about i just keep my opinions to myself and we discuss whever this is real or not no more.

Thats just one of many, There is hundreds of studies done using animals, which have found it stunts fertility, and causes genetic defects.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts