1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Blitz Gundam Pilot
1,014 Posts
yeah i can't even read the thread

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
seems like there was some "maintenance" done earlier... or so thats what the error message said. :confused:

B

·
0 Posts
You don't even want to know :(

Lots of work went into getting this back (thanks to Bryan for his help!), lots of SQL stuff was messed up and didn't really do what it's supposed to do.

As a bad side effect, most of the attachments posted in this forum are gone now :( Better than all the member/post data though I guess :p

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
ah, i see. :)

but how about the screenshots section? are they kaput as well? :(

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
hokay, it's still alive, i see. :) whew....

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
wow most of the screenshots were hosed, only the offsite one's are still there:((duh!), good i wuz able to save some of the kewl screens for my wallpaper. but hey, if something much more terrible happened, like all the post counters being reset, now, that would really drive a lot of people to go nuts... :p

(and im not complainin either, Bobbi did a great job recovering the important stuff:emb:, cuz if these stuff were lost, i know a lot of people would be crying right now, including me...:p )

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Oh my god?I must be dreaming :eyes: ,all the screenshots gone?I feel like crying :( .Hey Bobbi ne hopes of a recovery of those screenshots?(I had quite a few)
Please bobbi try ur best to recover them!

B

·
0 Posts
All screenshots gone, yep ... hey, sorry I tried to rescue the board data, better should have lost all members and posts but keep to the screenshots, ehh ? *sigh*

No, we can't get the screenshots back, I'll also clear the screenshots forum the other day now - see it as a restart as the structure for posting screenshots will be completly changed anyway (albums I heard ? :p )

B

·
0 Posts
/me wouldn't mind now to delete the complete forum ...
Hey, I worked my ass off for half the night and all you can do is complain ?

And just for your information, we're talking about a linux mySQL database here - there is no Norton.

Bah

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
To Bobbi and all of you who worked hard to restore the boards,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Too bad the screenshot can't be rescued, but hey, we can always re-upload them. :) Oh yeah, tell me more about this "album" thing... what is it?

And to those of you who complain.... please.... show some appreciation here!

[edit] BTW Bobbi, if you don't mind me asking, what actually happened?

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
I Apologize...

Originally posted by Bobbi
/me wouldn't mind now to delete the complete forum ...
Hey, I worked my ass off for half the night and all you can do is complain ?

And just for your information, we're talking about a linux mySQL database here - there is no Norton.

Bah
I sorry Bobbi to snap at you like that.

I am just upset, that's all. :(

I appreciate the effort you folks put to get this board up and running again.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Ok never mind.Thanks for saving the members and posts.I got the idea about your problem.

We can surely upload the screenshots again under whatever new section you people gonna start.

Hey one last word,Please keep up the good work you people have been doing from some time now.

See you soon back at full strength.:)

S

·
0 Posts
Hey Bobbi, no complaints from here. What every happened yesterday must have been very serious. I went back to using IE 5.5 (didnt't like IE 6 AT ALL way too many bugs) and when I tried to access the boards, it gave me an illegal error message and it said it had cause a problem w/the Kernal in Windows. WOW pretty serious all right. I'm just glad the boards are intact and I'm sure the screenshots will fill up again really fast. Thanks for all the work.
BTW, I'm typing this from work and I will try the boards again as soon as I get home. Take care.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
thkx Bobbi, im glad to have the boards up again :) i wouldnt want to loose contact w/ all the m8s here on the boards. now that would be very nasty. cmon ppl! we still have each others ;) (now this was corny :D :D :D :D )

edit: btw, sorry for being annoying on the IRC the other day, i didnt though i was so serious and i shouldnt have "loled" ;)

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Thanks for all the hard work Bobbi, we know how tempermental these wacky boxes stuffed with electronics can get sometimes... it's much appreciated ;)

NeoJag, that was so sweet... *sniff* I LOVE YOU, MAN! :eek:

S

·
0 Posts
I'm on the boards now from my computer at home and "all is well, all is well". Thanks again Bobbi.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Thanks bobbi, for getting the board back up with all member info still intact.. Too bad for the screenshots but its no biggie.. Luckily I saved all of my screenshots in a screenshots directory...:) Is that new feature your implementing something I know about? Like a suggestion? It would be cool if it is.. Did I hear some music? Cool..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts