Next Generation Emulation banner

Who will win the console war between microsoft and sony?

4K views 58 replies 20 participants last post by  Raziel 
#1 ·
Who will win the console war?
anyone give me some comment:D

#3 ·
Of course the SONY! even if the console would suck it would still win... after the PSX success the PS2's popularity is guaranteed...
What I think that microsoft's console is dead soon, yeah it's really powerful but hey, is anyone going to buy it??? don't think so... :)
(and I hope too)

#7 ·
after E3, I'd say Nintendo will be the clear winner(on the sales, financial, marketing plans, but I can't predict the future ;-(). Hardcore gamers will probably prefer the X-Box, since Nintendo's games are more aimed for children(cartoon-ish style).

#11 ·
If you ask me, I think XBox is like the 3DO. An american developer try to make a console, everyone says "Woah!" then it dies. But I could be wrong and probably am. Also Microsoft is extremely well-known so that will probably help a lot. PS2 will be hella cool and I think it may win the console war, but I also belive in Nintendo. As the president of NOA said, "We try to focus more on originality". I think they do make some original games but once they make an original they seem to stick with it for too long and not try harder to make others *cough* Pokemon *cough*. But don't forget Sega! Sega will also influence buyers on what console to buy, after all they are splitting up the games and sending them to different consoles. But seeing as Nintendo has Sonic, and PSO, then I think they have a really nice chance of winning. Sony is getting mainly the Sega Sports seires, and Xbox is getting Jet Set Radio and some other games. But, I do plan to buy a PS2, GC and maybe even an Xbox -(lets not forget GBA!).

G
#12 ·
PS2 'will be'? The PS2 is out, and it's so unimpressive it's not funny...and before you speak of games to come, consider this.. a few of the 'killer apps' for the console are being released on other consoles..

#15 ·
I think that PS2 sucks! Sure it is popular now, but I have a feeling it may start to die out eventually. Microsoft Xbox is really powerful, but it doesn't seem like it will do as good as expected. Even though there are many things I hate about Nintendo, I think they have the best system. The Gamecube may not be as powerful as Xbox, but it sure is hard to tell the difference when playing it. Also, Nintendo has a lot more experience with gaming console, unlike Microsoft. I really like Nintendo, but I didn't think they would have as good of a system at first. Now, I think the total opposite.

It's really too early to tell what exactly WILL happen, but it's kinda fun to try and predict the outcome. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how things turn out.

#16 ·
My only reson for wanting a PS2 is the Metal Gear game, but oh wait that's also coming out on X-box. X-box will also have a hybrid version of deus ex(my favorite PC game). But I'm still goin to say that X-box will suck, PS2 already does and will continue to suck, and Game Cube has potential, but I don't know alot about it. I'm hoping that it doesn't go the way of the N64(a good system with alot of crappy games.)

#17 ·
Ok, first. When I said 'Will be' I ment with the upcoming games. And secondly a console doesn't suck just because you think it will die out. :rolleyes: - But think about it. Sony has games everyone has played and now they want to play the sequel. And to play the Sequel they (mainly) will have to buy a PS2. Everyone keeps saying, "The PS2 sucks!" but why does it suck? Because you couldn't get one at launch and just forgot about it? Or what other reason? I'm not a big fan of PS2 either, infact I am rooting for GC, but that doesn't mean just because you like one thing that you can't see other things from a different angle. Just look at PS2 from a different angle. Sure, you may think PS2 sucks but I bet most of you want to play a few of the games on it (even though you won't admit it here). Oh well. :yawn:

#21 ·
i think sony because there game are better than x-box like final fantasy ten and eleven cause along time ago saturn and playstation were head to head and when final fantasy 7 came out people started to buy it then when final fantasy 8 came out the sell started to go up then playstation was the best system around.
and when ffx come out it well have full polygon graphix and everything so i say x-box sucks ps2 rules

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.