Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
i think sony because there game are better than x-box like final fantasy ten and eleven cause along time ago saturn and playstation were head to head and when final fantasy 7 came out people started to buy it then when final fantasy 8 came out the sell started to go up then playstation was the best system around.
and when ffx come out it well have full polygon graphix and everything so i say x-box sucks ps2 rules

C

·
0 Posts
The Saturn is superior to the PSX, and has games of a caliber that the PSX has rarely (if ever) seen..

C

·
0 Posts
That is true, although the PS2 isn't as bad as the Saturn, programming-wise, but it's not much better..

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Who cares if the graphics are better when the games themselves are as exciting as watching paint peel off the wall? It could be the PS2 will eventually get games as good as the Saturn did, but then again, it may not.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
My complaint of PS2 is that for at least a year I heard all this stuff about how great the graphics will be and how great it'll be to have a DVD in a console, but now that I've seen about 10 or so games I haven't been impressed by the slightly better PSX graphics on PS2(no I'm not talking about playing PSX games on PS2) and the DVD player is a bit pixelated. So in consideration of how much one costs and what you get for your money, I say PS2 sucks. I have no problem with PS2 lovers, but I don't see things their way.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I don't see how you can only see 10 games that have better graphics then the PSX on PS2. Considering PS2 can handle 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 more polygons then PSX, plus anti-aliasing,ect,ect. :p

C

·
0 Posts
I don't agree with the PSX>PS2 gfx thing, but graphics aren't everything...

However, I do agree that the PS2's DVD playback is utter shite when compared to any set-top player.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I honestly don't know who is going to pull ahead in the whole console race, bUt I must admit I was VERY impressed with the quality of graphics and such when I played the x-box last month. But as CD said a game can +look amazing but suck ass in game play.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Have you thought about the development in those consoles?
I've heard that develope a game for ps2 is really really hard.
But think about Microsoft. They have a lot of experience in developement tools like Visual Studio and most important, DirectX.
Think about the number of developers that know about DirectX programming and if they make something like "DirectX for X-Box" they have many posibilities to win this war.
About graphics:
I've seen in many polls that PC grapics are better than console grapics and X-Box is based on the PC system, with a nVidia card (a reduced version of a Geforce3) so graphics will look better on that system.
Better graphics+easier development = more games. The more games the more posibilities to make money and win the war. It's easy.
By the way, sorry for my english.

C

·
0 Posts
As far as ease of programming goes, from a developer friend who's dev'n for all three, the GC is easiest, Xbox second, PS2 last..

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
But you all forget one thing. A lot of developers are saying that the PS2 has the most potential. And don't talk any smack like, "The PS2 doesn't have a lot of potential!" because unless you are a game developer that creates console games you can't talk. But you are right, the XBox should be the easiest to develop for. Sony only added in the DVD rom drive for 2 reasons, 1-Large Capacity of DVDs 2- To crank up the price about 100$. The only reason they added DVD playback was probably just because the option was avalible.

C

·
0 Posts
No, the majority of developers are starting to say the GC has the more potential from a development standpoint, and even a developer that is an acquaintence(sp?) of mine concurs. Another developer I've spoken with hasn't start developing on the GC, but he favors the Xbox over PS2. The Xbox, to me, seems to have the least, because it's all stuff developers have worked with before, so it should be mastered much earlier, which could lead to amazing-looking games right off the bat, but we won't see as many jumps later on in the console's life (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

Sure, PS2 games will get better graphic-wise, as it is with all consoles, but as many have stated, who cares. The quality of games is poor at this point, and that's what counts.

BTW, Sony didn't stick a DVD-ROM in to jack up the price, they used it for capicity like you said, and playback is used as a selling point for the console. Heck, they lose more money because of it, since they have to pay a fee for each console shipped in the US with DVD playback capabilities. This is why the GC is not going to have DVD playback capabilities..

As for the remark about saying no one can counter 'A lot of devs saying the PS2 has the most potential', the same can be said about that remark. That's just heresay, and I don't see you as a Console developer ;) But, I'm not going to play that game, because that's just poor debating..

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
>The quality of games is poor at this point, and that's what counts.
-This is only what you think, others may disagree. (Like they also may with me)

>BTW, Sony didn't stick a DVD-ROM in to jack up the price
-What are you Sony? C'mon you know they did :p

>As for the remark about saying no one can counter 'A lot of devs saying the PS2 has the most potential', the same can be said about that remark.
-I am just telling you what I herd developers say, not what I think developers would say. And I was just saying that because I would figure that most people would say what they think because they just barge around and say 'The PS2 sucks!' ;) :rolleyes: :yawn: :p

C

·
0 Posts
No, I'm not Sony, but did you even take a look at my reasoning? Sony doesn't make money of PS2 hardware units at this point, just like other console companies, they lose it. If they were to sell the PS2 above the cost it took to make it, it would cost even more than it is now. They make their money off the royalties and licensing fees from the software companies.

As for all the thinking crap, this is, and always has been an opinion-driven debate..

·
Registered
171 Posts
yes, ur right!! opinion driven thread!!

and the main question is what console ill prevail???

easy answer!!
the one with PIRATING!!!
yes, that's right!! why do u think PSX is still selling?? cos u can get all the games at a 1/10 their original price!!!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Yes, I realize that but I was just conveying information. I know that Sony is losing money from PS2. You are right Byron! I bet a lot of people bought a PSX because they herd you could get games for free.

C

·
0 Posts
Of course, piracy, marketing, and a large library of games (albeit 99% of them are crap) is what drove the PSX..

21 - 40 of 59 Posts