Next Generation Emulation banner

41 - 60 of 217 Posts

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Yust back from work... had something to eat so i gonne start to make the simple website update.

not much fancy stuff yust the basic starting code of the cxbx port..

When its uploaded will let you know..
Also made a forum item on my website yust for this project..

www.shadowtj.com :: View Forum - Dxbx - The Cxbx Delphi port

<edit1>

Does annyone know where to find the DirectX 8 SDK ???
pls a direct link to it... so i can try to get cxbx working on visual c++ 2005 express, after the update of website

</edit>

<edit 2>
Ok Annyone who want to help....

I need some more information on my website about how to compile the original cxbx sources with the Free C++ 2005 Express edition..

Something like a Step by Step tutorial...

AnnyOne who is willing to spend some time on making 1 ??
</edit 2>

<edit 3>
As promised... The link to the website update.

Here you can download the code dump 0.0.1
Also placed some background information..

It is not much... but its a start.

before i forget..

Link:
Shadow_tj - 3d and development

</edit 3>

·
Survivor
272 Posts
that's it. finally a section for this project at your site. thatnks a lot.
about DirectX 8 SDK, I don't know where to find it but I'll try to ask sb for this. thanks again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Despite the fact that I haven't signed in for over 2 years, I still lurk here, watching for any news on the cxbx front. Good luck with your conversion project - Now that you've brought up Delphi, I think I'm going to learn delphi, as it may offer just what I've been looking for in a computer language...

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Welcome to the party then.. if you need more delphi stuff like books lessons and other stuff be free to send a pm.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You don't need the dx8 sdk, the dx9 sdk you can download from the microsoft site should do fine.

To compile cxbx in vc 2005 express edition:
- download & install the platform sdk from SDK Update - Home . If you select custom installation and deselect some packages, you might miss some libs later on.
- download & install dx sdk
- in visual c++ go to Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->VC++ Directories
- here, you can add paths VC++ will search for executables, includes, libs, ...
- you need to add "<folder you installed platform sdk to>/include", "<folder you installed platform sdk to>/include/mfc" and "<folder you installed the dx sdk to>/include" to the includes. Make sure the dx include-folder is BELOW the platform sdk-folder.
- add the /lib folders of platform sdk and dx sdk to the libs-list.
- add the following libs to cxbxkrnl (properties->linker->input->Additional dependencies): user32.lib, shell32.lib, gdi32.lib, advapi32.lib
- add the following libs to cxbx: user32.lib, shell32.lib, gdi32.lib, advapi32.lib, comdlg32.lib
- compile & ignore deprecated warnings

Now, cxbe and cxbxkrnl should compile and link correctly. cxbx will compile but not link with an error about _iob being undefined. I don't know a correct solution to this. On the Inet I found the suggestion to define _iob yourself like this: extern "C" { FILE _iob[_NFILE] = {0}; }
Add this to jpeglib.h and cxbx will compile & link too, but I don't know what consequences this hack will have. At least it starts up for me.
The better solution would probably be to replace the jpeglib, which hasn't been updated since 1998...

EDIT: You're right, some dx8 headers are missing from the dx9 sdk. You can get older dx-sdks from ftp://ftp.ncnu.edu.tw/MsDownload/directx

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
user side:
- Video configuration

Programmer side:
- Started Xbe conversion -> uXbe
- Started EmuExe Conversion -> uEmuExe
- Started Exe Conversion -> uExe

some other stuff also imported.. busy now with filling xbe headers for more information.. for example game title

·
Registered
130 Posts
shadowTj goodluck i hope people support you no matter what at least we will see what other programming languages are like when emulating an system

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
last week i had not much time for programming..

but the header is now implemented and the first part of the certificate, finally got the the port displaying the game names.

Also implemented the first part of the xbe dump to console.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
however that my c++ knowladge is not that good..
its going wonderfull with the port.

Also the xbe dump is going amezing good..

here are dumps from burnout 3.

xbe.txt is one generated by cxbx.
xbe_dxbx.txt is the one genereated with the dxbx delphi port.

About the amezing part... that the digital signature are exact the same output as cxbx.. :)
So i`m going the right direction

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Normally i don`t just dump my sources online :p

but here are the new dumps.. check it out for yourselfs..
in the Bin directory is also a compiled .exe for who yust wanne take a look.

For those who wanne compile the sources..
You need delphi 6 or 7..Jedi components and DirectX9 Headers files from cloothie.
Jedi can be found on sourceforge and look for Jedi JCL and Jedi JVCL.
The Cloothie header files can be found on my website...

For people who does not have delphi 6 or 7... it has been tested by Pcuncho with delphi 2005.. but that is not working with jedi component pack,...
When all is working ok... prehaps in near future i will try also a Lazerus port.. :) that is a free cross delphi version.. so others with Lunix systems can also work with the port...
If that gonne work... i can not tell yet :(
First things first... so back to coding

21:41 update
Pcucho is now testing with delphi 2005, i removed the Jedi libraries.. it was used before.. but i forget to remove them..
So hopefully it is working in delphi 2005..
Also now i`m downloading the free version of delphi... its called Turbo delphi... some of the old programmers remember the name Turbo.. because there where in the 90`s the versions of Turbo Pascal.. now there is a free version of delphi called Turbo delphi.
Hopefully it will compile also on this free version. :)

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
found some free time for coding... and it has also results..
more xbe dumping made possible..

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
mmmm its going ... some prv things going on here.. not to good if you look it that way, if you look it to dxbx..
then its going well Pcucho is going to look at the library sections, while i can study the emuexe functions..

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
litle free time..

The EmuExe is slow on progress, and litle stuck on library sections.
but we will go on :)

all the progress is a bit more

41 - 60 of 217 Posts