Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 40 of 217 Posts

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
i wanne port it to delphi because there are lots of starting programmers who have the skill and time to build such emulator.

If i can give them a start with this, they can pick it up..
The Delphi community has lots of people who are willing to spend time on sources of third parties then in C++...

Second, my knowledge of c++ is not that good, i`m a delphi programmer.

And speed... ok directx is c++, but stuff made by delphi is even as fast as c++ or yust as slow.. yust how you code your stuff.

FIRST !!!

The Cxbx Project started out to develop a developer workspace to programm xbox games.
Ok that it came into a emulator... thats fine.
Don`t forget this idea...

The idea for me 2 continue is the same.. i wanne make a developer enviroment....

SECOND !!!
If you want me ... or ANNY1 else to build a xbox 360 emulator .... (pfffF)
then show me the file system schematics... then we talk again :p

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
i wanne port it to delphi because there are lots of starting programmers who have the skill and time to build such emulator.

If i can give them a start with this, they can pick it up..
The Delphi community has lots of people who are willing to spend time on sources of third parties then in C++...

Second, my knowledge of c++ is not that good, i`m a delphi programmer.

And speed... ok directx is c++, but stuff made by delphi is even as fast as c++ or yust as slow.. yust how you code your stuff.

FIRST !!!

The Cxbx Project started out to develop a developer workspace to programm xbox games.
Ok that it came into a emulator... thats fine.
Don`t forget this idea...

The idea for me 2 continue is the same.. i wanne make a developer enviroment....

SECOND !!!
then show me the file system schematics... then we talk again :p
Hmm just noticed you're dutch aswell... perhaps join #ngemu @ efnet so we can have a small chat?

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The group for making the delphi port is getting bigger every week.
There are now 2 persons who posted me a prv message to help with this project.

Hopefully we can make a good start with in the hope to have some results soon.

also wanne thx a special anomenous person who posted his emu sources..
they are very helpfull...

<DONT ASK ME WHO IT IS AND WHAT THE RESULT ARE OF THAT STUFF... I WILL NOT ANSWER THAT>

so lets the race begin... who should deliver the first screenies.

Compitition starten: 30 march 2007
who will publish the first screenshots of a xbox Game on emulation.

special note ( turock will not count as a valid game, because its already emulated by cxbx [Caustik] )... :p

·
Survivor
272 Posts
Fantastic

Why even bother with an Xbox emulator? Any good Xbox games are ported to the PC< making the Xbox a dead machine and pretty much pointless to emulate.
because you answered your own question:

http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-official-forum/87073-pcsx2-may-better-than-sonys-emulator.html
1. "The computer, the emulators for them, will always have better graphics".

2. "Look at ePSXe, a PS1 emulator, it has enhanced graphical options available to make them look better than the originally were, not even the PS2 or PS3 has options to do such".

3. Console game's don't have options in them because they're set at a fixed rate.

Hence why PC FPS and Console FPS are different.

maybe 4. The PC will forever remain the ultimate machine, partially due to the fact that it has emulators, partially because it's hardware can be upgraded frequently, and mostly because...well, it's the PC :p
SECOND !!!
then show me the file system schematics... then we talk again :p .
oO

The group for making the delphi port is getting bigger every week.
There are now 2 persons who posted me a prv message to help with this project...
... who one of them is my friend.;)

by the way Shadow. I found aother person who (as he says) is a professional and really likes to help with this project but he doesn't have enough informations about this project. can u help me to give him necessary things, infos, anything at all to help him join your group ? if there are some tools, software, anything, I'll appreciate it. ONE HAND MAKES NO NOISE.:)

Hopefully we can make a good start with in the hope to have some results soon.
Go go go, Shadow. that's it.:thumb:

also wanne thx a special anomenous person who posted his emu sources...

they are very helpfull...

<DONT ASK ME WHO IT IS AND WHAT THE RESULT ARE OF THAT STUFF... I WILL NOT ANSWER THAT>
yeah. of course I know who he is. I knew he would be of great help coze he have many infos about xbox.;)

I'm looking forward to hearing more....

·
Veni, vidi, vici!
312 Posts
Well i'm sorry i can't help with the project , but i'd like to wish you good luck with it and as much help as posible.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Nemesis:

For helping weith the delphi port project.
If the person in question wanne join post his msn address or something in a prv message.
then i can send him the delphi code for so far to him..

for the rest `im using cxbx sources that can be found on the website of caustik.

caustik.com there you can find a link to the cxbx project page.
but yah already found that one ;)

·
Survivor
272 Posts
Nemesis:

For helping with the delphi port project.
If the person in question wanne join post his msn address or something in a prv message.
then i can send him the delphi code for so far to him..
You can find his name in the previous page. his name is Reza684.

for the rest `im using cxbx sources that can be found on the website of caustik.

caustik.com there you can find a link to the cxbx project page.
but yah already found that one ;)
Yeah, but he wants some iformations about how to do this. I don't know, whatever you do just try to help him. thanks.
I'll do my best to find more ppl.

Well i'm sorry i can't help with the project , but i'd like to wish you good luck with it and as much help as posible.
Thanks anyway. BTW why don't you try to find some ? isn't this called "helping";)

·
European Citizen xD
344 Posts
Now he has an Xbox 360 and that icon is something related to it for sure :p
Salut Vlado. Happy Easter ( to all ) !
And Zlinky , i'm glad you're doing so well ;)

·
Veni, vidi, vici!
312 Posts
No ideea , offtopic mersi florin si tie and the avy is from Mass Effect :D

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
progress is going slow... :(
but better slow then none at al, bigist problem this moth is the little free time that i can spend on the project ..

·
Survivor
272 Posts
thanks god. at least the progress is still going on... thanks Shadow.
oh btw, you was supposed to add this project to your site. I didn't find it. aren't you going to do that ?:( I really like to know how the project is progressing.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
I gone make the webite part this evening.
then it will also be uploaded... then the first basic stuff can also be downloaded for who wanne try also to make a delphi port..

See it as version 0.0.0.1 for people to give it a start to the project.

it does not much at all for now.. started logging screens and some function calls..

after studie the cxbx sources it converts the complete xbe files back into windows executable by rewriting a complete new pe header..

Annyone got some good samples about pe headers with delphi ??
done lots of programms and tools.. but you always see new stuff :p

<EDIT>
As i mentioned before i had not much free time last month..
hope to have some more this month starting from this evening...
</EDIT>

·
Veni, vidi, vici!
312 Posts
I can help with testing if you'd like...i own about 30 original xbox games...and have a "more" than decent rig :D.
I'm trying to learn c++ as i go but i really don't have enough time.
And seaing how this is in delphi i can't really help.
I've pm'd alot of guys at the emutalk forums , mostly emu authors , if they'd like to help i hope they post here :)

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
im yust back from work... so updating the website can not be done in the short time i got 2day... :(

2Morrow there will be a site update..
Now im spending the litle time i got on the project.. :)

Vlado can you send me the xbe files from Turock and Burnout Revance part 1 ??

Burnout refance was also loading very far in cxbx.. but there was something with not supporting 24bit image file or something if i remember corretly... it has been 2 years now since the last thing i tested for cxbx... :)

·
Survivor
272 Posts
I've pm'd alot of guys at the emutalk forums , mostly emu authors , if they'd like to help i hope they post here :)
that's it. nice job Vlado.:thumb:

... and thanks Shadow for letting us know about the project.
can't wait to see the update though I understand you're inundated with work and surfeit of projects. I'm gonna have a field day with this news.:thumb:

21 - 40 of 217 Posts