Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m working in the litle free time i got on some delphi projects.
The latest is trying to make a cxbx port to delphi...

The progress is litle slo because of the little free time i got for the projects.

But who wanne join ?
Then i can send my sources, and send sources and updates to each other...

Send me a prv message.

I don`t wanne place it under sourceforge, because it must stay underground for a litle longer :)
No big email flow what is playing or not.. just developing the stuff and see how far we get ...

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
testing can be done for now by myself and other developers who wanne help.

prehaps picking up the xdk list is some nice thing to have.
A list with xdk numbers from the games.

I have once build a xdk tool... with a list of games and there xdk numbers.

Can you all post a text file with games and there xdk numbers into a prv msg pls.
Especially the old games..

Greetings,

Shadow_tj

·
Veni, vidi, vici!
312 Posts
Hope to see more out of this project.
To bad , cxbx was near completion , if only someone could finish mapping the directx api's....

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vlado, cxbx was not near completion or even close.

it was comming very far in the quest to create a xbox emulator, but there is still lots of work that need to be done to support all the xdk versions.

There are still people who are trying to get some things working and make new code for the puzzle...
The bigest problem is only that there is no direct contact for delivering changes or ask for information..

but annyone who wanne develop on the cxbx project or the delphi port.. Be free to contact me

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
if only someone could finish mapping the directx api's....
There's an even bigger problem that almost everybody overlooks. :)

Cxbx's number of HLE'd Kernel functions are very low. There are 367 Xbox kernel functions, and only 66 have been implemented (some only partialy) and in order to add them, you must know their parameters and usages first. So even if you get every single XDK version HLE'd, you STILL won't get very many games playable. So perfect kernel emulation is just as perfect DirectX API emulation. A perfect example: The game Unreal Championship uses XDK 4928 (shown as 4627 because of it's similarities), and XDK 4627 is so far the most accurately emulated XDK version. That's great and all, but it crashes because kernel function "NtAllocateVirtualMemory" is not in Cxbx's HLE kernel database. This function is basically the same as the win2k version (only with one of the function parameters removed) and does the same thing, making it very easy to add in.

I can't really say I'll be alot of help, but I think I know my way around the xbox kernel well enough to add a large handful of functions to the database. I've managed to do this before a few months ago when I was playing around with the source code, and it's was rather easy to do.

Oh yeah, I've been buying some old Xbox games from 2001 to early 2003, so I have tons of good candidates.

·
Registered
174 Posts
This may be a silly suggestion and I apoligise if it is, but there is the open-source ReactOS (www.reactos.com) project and it has a free implementation of the "nt" kernels. Even if the code itself could not be used it might be educational and benefit cxbx that way.

But if not, I might need to get the dunce cap out again. oO

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
You mean the Xbox port of ReactOS? I have a copy of that source.

My attatchments below should be helpful. :)
ntundoc.rar - It's a help file containing documentation on many undocumented Nt functions (i.e. NtCreateSemaphore).
undocumented.h - this header file contains documentation on Xbox specific kernel functions. It might be an older version, but I don't know when the last time this thing was actually updated :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Something similar. Like when there is an unimplemented but known xbox kernel function and reactos has an nt equivalent even partially implemented there may be *some* code (or if not, at least some ideas) that can be borrowed and altered for cxbx rather than starting afresh.

·
Survivor
272 Posts
hallelujah. Thanks Shadow for having the guts to do something for xbox emu after some years.
please keep at it.

I wish I could be of any help but no worries, I think we can donate if the project begings. at least It's the only thing I can do.
I wish u the best of luck.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it will be hell of a job... but i`m trying to maske the port..
during this i will add stuff to the original sources also...

I don`t have much free time... so all the help is welcome.
I asked some support on the sagamedev forums... but not with anny help.
Most of us are very bussy with all kinds of projects.

·
Registered
1 Posts
want testing help?? contact me

Xbox System
Media Type: DVD-ROM
CPU: X86-to-RISC Intel Pentium III or Celeron 733 MHz
RAM installed: 64 MB
RAM technology: DDR SDRAM
Cache size: 128 KB
HDD Capacity: 8 GB
Video Output: NVidia Xbox GPU 256-bit 2D/3D graphics acceleration
Supported Video: NTSC S-Video Installed,Component video Installed,Composite video Installed
Max resolution (external): 1920 x 1080 pixels Graphic Effects Shadows,Fog effects,Pixel Shaders,Vertex Shaders,Texture lighting,Bilinear filtering,Trilinear filtering
Fill Rate: 4000 million pixels/sec
Audio Processor: NVidia Xbox MCP
Sound Output Mode: Stereo
Memory Card: 8mb Flash
Net: Intergrated 100mbps modem/LAN
Ports: 1 Xbox AV output Xbox AV connector Installed,4 Game controller,1 Network RJ-45 Installed

Windows XP
Latest DirectX
Pentium 4 2.0Ghz
1024mb RAM
Recommended Video Cards: GeForce FX or Radeon 9200 Pro or higher

·
The Pest
1,820 Posts
Why even bother with an Xbox emulator? Any good Xbox games are ported to the PC< making the Xbox a dead machine and pretty much pointless to emulate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
we should start to emulate the xbox 360 not the old xbox because there was no good games for the old xbox but now there are allot of games for the 360 so ... better start on that...

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
we should start to emulate the xbox 360 not the old xbox because there was no good games for the old xbox but now there are allot of games for the 360 so ... better start on that...
are u nuts?? here authors have had some fair bit of trouble in emulating xbox and ur thinking of 360 that too with the current hardware?? cant beleive one can be so stupid

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
can someone close this thread ??

This is leading to nowhere..
If you looking for me or wanne contact me... you know where to find me..

·
Registered
15 Posts
are u nuts?? here authors have had some fair bit of trouble in emulating xbox and ur thinking of 360 that too with the current hardware?? cant beleive one can be so stupid
Please stop attacking people like this.
Even if someone was starting a xbox 360 emulator today, it would take them years to get results. By then, the PC Hardware might have advanced enough to emulate it. Btw.: With the Xbox we're talking API Level emulation not hardware emulation, so the overhead is a lot smaller...

@Mkilbride2588: But I want DoA! :D

I wish I had some time to work on cxbx. Maybe in a few month. Don't care much whether work continues in C/C++ or Delphi, although my Pascal is a bit rusty...

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Why even bother with an Xbox emulator? Any good Xbox games are ported to the PC< making the Xbox a dead machine and pretty much pointless to emulate.
Not to be a jerk or anything, but your post is totally pointless, wrong and a waste of time. Xbox is not dead. There are still millions of Xbox1 users out there. Why bother? Because we just feel like it. Assuming that Halo is the only game you probably ever cared for on Xbox, have you ever stopped to think that there are other Xbox games worth emulating besides it's PC ports?? Just because the only games for you liked for Xbox were ported to PC doesn't mean that everyone else feels the same. There are many Xbox exclusive titles out there worth buying and playing. Was Panzer Dragoon orta a PC game? No. Was Otogi a PC game? Nope. Was Azurik: Rize of Perathia a PC game? Hell no! So there's three out of a million reasons to emulate Xbox. Once again, not trying to be rude, but just because you don't care about xbox doesn't mean no one else does. :rolleyes:
First of all, the Xbox360 cannot be emulated not just because of the tripple core CPU with 3 vector units per processor, but because the Xbox360 isn't even documented! No docs = no emulator! As for the games, the Xbox1 has more games than the 360, and this is just my opinion, but I say that the xbox has better games. The only smash hit titles that I can see on xbox 360 are Gears of war, Lost planet, and Oblivion. Once again, just because you don't like the Xbox games, doesn't mean others dont either! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 217 Posts