Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
r|bb|t
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's not the greatest, but it can do some great stuff!
All these sshots were taken with the games running at full speed.

·
r|bb|t
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Soul Blade! (Soul Edge in the jap version)
The Soul Calibur's.... 'antecessor'
I dont know how to say this in english ;)

·
r|bb|t
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't even know why they failed w/ voodoo4 and 5 they're not that bad after all... :p
About the add-on thing...
I think I'd rather have a 'normal' 3d card like geforce instead of the voodoo2... but the addon is good because its cheaper.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I think the biggest mistake 3dfx made was their decision to manufacture and sell their own 3D boards (starting from the Voodoo3 line), as opposed to sending the chipsets to different vendors (which they did with Voodoo/Voodoo Rush/Voodoo2). This definitely upped their operating costs.

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
and turned away oem manufacturers, which eventually screwed them up, that's what you get for trying to monopolize.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah, too bad... I'm also a Voodoo2 owner (Just look at my Legend Of Dragoon Shots) and am pissed that nVidia just abandoned all the 3dfx owners out there, by not releasing any drivers. This Voodoo 2 still has life with it, I'm shocked that I can play Max Payne... granted with some slowdown... still, at least I can say I play it. When I build my own system, I'll still keep the voodoo2 around. Glide was a great feature...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts