I just want make sure I am not alone in here :(
So if you are asian let post in here ;)

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Filipino.....huh
You live very near me :)
You know I feel glad when I discovered someone who live near me..................

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
there's lots of us here too.. but i'll just wait for them to tell you themselves:D:D:D

BTW: :stupid:<-- i look like this in real life.. ehehe:D:D:D

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
well, i am one too. :p

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
This is fun...:D No need to think...good after a day of gruesome testing and 3 hours of intense swim practice that leaves me coughing up water even now. :D

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
The Hmong are Vietnamese refugees methinks.... most of them emigrated to America duing the Vietnam war.

correct me, fivefeet8, if im wrong. im just recalling it from memory. :p

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
The HMONGS are more closely related to Chinese.. My ancestors lived in the mountainous areas of china near southeast asia.. According to my elders, the HMONGS were driven from the chinese mountains a long time ago and they migrated to the mountainous regions of southeast asia.. Most hmongs settled in thailand, laos and vietnam.. Some HMongs remained in China.. Our dialect is very similar to chinese but has included other dialects from Thai, vietnamese, and Laotion.. Most americans called me chinese in school.. It has only been in the last few years that HMONGS has started to be better known and not as chinese.. When we came to America, I was about 2 years old, most hmong refugees was put under Laotian.. It was like that for a while until recently..

My dad spoke Lao, thai, vietnamese, and english.. There are still many Hmong people left in the mountainous regions of southeast asia and china.. Hmongs living in china sound very different when talking than Hmongs in southeast asia and America.. They seem to have acquired a weird chinese type Hmong language.. Its still hmong, but sounds like chinese.. Asians have an easier time discerning the differences in dialects while it seems very hard for most americans to notice the subtle and sometimes blatant differences in Asian languages..

We are not vietnamese though..:)

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
thanks for clearing that up, man. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts