Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
10,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have every Zelda for the NES, SNES, N64, GC, and Wii, here's a breakdown...

Nintendo Gamecube compilation disk Zelda 1 & 2, MM, OoT
Nintendo Gamecube compilation disk 2 Zelda OoT & MQ
Nintendo Gamecube WW
Nintendo Wii TP
Nintendo Game Boy Advance Zelda: LttP
Nintendo DS: PH

So which one is the best to start with?

What order should I play them?

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,082 Posts
They are all completely different stories last time I checked.
Try playing from retro to current o.0.

·
Registered
10,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know they're different, although MQ is a sequel to OoT, more of an add on.
Also Zelda PH is a sequel to WW.

I was just curious about which one was easiest to get started, some are harder than others.

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,082 Posts
Also Zelda PH is a sequel to WW.

I was just curious about which one was easiest to get started, some are harder than others.
TP on the wii isn't hard.......maybe you should try that one :O.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,492 Posts
I guess logic would dictate that you play them in order, but then you would eventually begin to show signs of overexposure to LoZ. In which case you would begin to underappreciate the newer titles.

I'd start with OoT since the game is fairly straightforward and easy to adjust to. It's also the LoZ title that really put the franchise into the spotlight.

Then MM, WW, TP. Somewhere in between, play LttP as it was a very well developed overhead view retro-style LoZ.

I'd recommend playing the NES titles last so you can reflect, compare, and appreciate where the series came from in the first place. (Also, it's pretty tough playing LoZ 1 without the map the original NES cartridge came with) The second one many people resented, but it added some new features which later made it into future games. (Look for the guy whose name is Error. :lol:)

No comment on PH as I haven't played it. :/

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
If you're going for ease, try LttP first. 2 is radically different and I found it hard, 1 dumps you in the middle of nowhere and you have to figure out where to go. I would try my best to work from the older games to the newer ones.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,492 Posts
MQ (Master Quest) is the exact same thing as OoT, except the dungeons were made to be "harder". (No problem here, and I thought the Water Temple was more straightforward too. :p)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Seconding starting with OoT. It's become the series' posterchild.

Personally, my favorite is A Link to the Past, but seeing as how you have the GBA version and not the SNES original I'm going to recommend you start with OoT.

·
Registered
10,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seconding starting with OoT. It's become the series' posterchild.

Personally, my favorite is A Link to the Past, but seeing as how you have the GBA version and not the SNES original I'm going to recommend you start with OoT.
I have the SNES version, but I'm not hooking my SNES up. Would it be worthwhile to get the SNES version on the Wii? I was thinking about buying a card next month, and I might have enough points for it.

:evil:

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,492 Posts
I have the SNES version, but I'm not hooking my SNES up. Would it be worthwhile to get the SNES version on the Wii? I was thinking about buying a card next month, and I might have enough points for it.

800 points == $8

EDIT: Hack your Wii. *cough*

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
MQ (Master Quest) is the exact same thing as OoT, except the dungeons were made to be "harder". (No problem here, and I thought the Water Temple was more straightforward too. :p)
zOMG!!! The Water Temple is actually EASIER in MQ? :???:
Well, I guess it would be difficult to make it any harder than it already is.

800 points == $8

EDIT: Hack your Wii. *cough*
With homebrew you have emulators, so if you have a nice legal dump from your SNES, then fun for you.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Yes, it is worthwhile. Anything to avoid that awful GBA version.

zOMG!!! The Water Temple is actually EASIER in MQ? :???:
Well, I guess it would be difficult to make it any harder than it already is.
It's true, it's probably one of MQ's easiest dungeons. The Fire Temple and Spirit Temple are the new killers in this version.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Personally I would start with Zelda: Link to the Past as it was and still is one of the SNES's true gaming gems. Visually the game is striking, game play wise it is incredibly tight and well designed and the world to explore is incredible.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Oldest to newest, otherwise you will be spoilt by beautifull 3D and the older ones will just become frustrating as you can't tell what's what with the older blockier graphics.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
(L1)Ocarina of time - (L1)Majora's Mask - (L2)Twilight Princess - (L3)LTTP - (L3)Oracles(linked game/continuation) - (L3)Links awakening - (L4(LoZ - (L4)AoL.

(L1)Ocarina of Time - (L~2)TWW - PH

Oldest to newest failz. do it in time line style.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I finished all expect Wind Waker, TP, and Major's

Your starting should be with Legend of Zelda NES first then Zelda 2 NES then SNES, then game boy and game boy color then n64 then game cube then wii. :)

That's in the order.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
(L1)Ocarina of time - (L1)Majora's Mask - (L2)Twilight Princess - (L3)LTTP - (L3)Oracles(linked game/continuation) - (L3)Links awakening - (L4(LoZ - (L4)AoL.

(L1)Ocarina of Time - (L~2)TWW - PH

Oldest to newest failz. do it in time line style.
Let's hope you don't start a Zelda timeline debate here.

·
Registered
10,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Where's Minish Cap?
I don't have the Game Boy or Game Boy Color Zelda's...

Sorry...

Well I have one game boy Zelda with him on an Island or something...

:???:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts