Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this year was quite good in terms of releases, i have played alot this year but there was one game that captured me and kept me coming for more and more and more, it was Prince of Percia: The Sands of Time and i must say it was a great experience compared only to the old times i spent playing Dragon Force on the Saturn.

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Sakura Taisen V Episode 0 hands down... I didn't expect the game anything out of the ordinary and yet it surpassed my expectations.

·
Registered
195 Posts
mmm, I was impressed with Doom 3 cause never has any game made me so freaked out. I mean, usually I don't ever get scared but I swear Doom 3 was playing mind games with me and I swore if i played that game any longer than I did, I woulda went straight to hell. It was pretty impressive. I could only play that game in 30 minute spurts. But anyways, I think if a game can do that to a person it is a great game.

Other than that I've been really into Pirates and honestly I don't know why....that game is obsessing. Anyways, that's my two cents.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
gta vice city on pc,love knocking them hoes around and ticking the cops off:).

·
Nobody Knows Him
526 Posts
there has been only one game i have get addicted to this year.

Counter Strike 1.6
Counter Strike: Condition Zero

I really love to play CS. I'm getting better and better. I also kicks Reich, Raziel and Chetic's ass in CS:S :p No offence ;)

Lalely i have also tried Need For Speed: Underground 2, and that was one hell of an game. I haven't finished the game yet, but that will come.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Skies of Arcadia left a nice impression. Grandia 2 was even better :D And I'm still having a lot of fun with Sega Sports' NHL2k2.

Oh, and in case you're wondering: No I didn't play Doom3, Half Life 2, GTA Vice City, and I don't care either :p (alright, call me nuts :heh: ) I did play NFSU2 for an hour -> Nice, nothing more.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
hmm... i think the only game made in 2004 that i've played is dawn of war. so i guess thats the best one.

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
hmm... good question
i liked halflife 2 but i dont think it was the best....
rome total war ive been playing for over a month, its simply a great strategy game
battle for middle earth is also awesome, i havent even finished it yet
and world of warcraft, which i just bought is also awesome, and could very well be my game of the year

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Hum HL2 and Burnout 3 are tied for me :p

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Burnout 3 for me, no doubt at all, with PoP in a very very close second.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I would have to say for this year, these have been the games that have captured my attention the most:

PS2:

Star Oceans III - Got me back to RPGs in a long while
Shadow Hearts 2 - Done surprisingly well
SMT: Nocturne - One of the few unique storylines in a long while
Mega Man X8 - This one was the shocker, they actually did a good job with this one

PC:
Halflife 2 - Though a little shot pretty good overall

GC:
Metriod Prime 2 Echos - Just got a GC and I am enjoying this game :)

The thing that least impressed me the most this year though:

Growlanser Generation - ...WHEN WILL I GET THIS GAME, it has been 1 week since it was released and it still not here :p

·
Registered
153 Posts
here are my favorites of 2004 (pc):

- best RPG: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (still needs a patch)

- best RTS: Rome: Total war (haven't played Middle-Earth though. Warhammer 40K comes on 2nd)

- best simulation: Football Manager 2005 (former Championship Manager.. The Sims 2 comes on 2nd)

- best sports: Winning Eleven 8 / Pro Evolution Soccer 4 (has online-mode.. NFSU2 comes on 2nd)

- best FPS: Far Cry (it was the "first" big one early this year and impressed me the most.)

- best action: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow (Sam Fisher is back.. and how! The Suffering is on 2nd place )

- best adventure: Silent Hill 4: The Room (new SH does its job)

- best multiplayer Soldner: Secret Wars (with its new patches this game is a bomb. one word: unique)

- best crap: Gangland (bad.. real bad :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
I own Need for Speed Underground 2 for my Gamecube. That and the Midway Arcade Treasures 2 are the 'only' 2004 titles I have currently...

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
I haven't played very many games that were released in 2004 but I had a lot of fun with Need For Speed Underground 2. I've barely played Doom 3 so I can't say much about it.

Back in January, I got my Dreamcast as well as one game, Sega Rally 2. It was pretty fun but one problem I had with it is the amount of slowdown the game had (probably because it was built on Windows CE). Overall I thought it was a pretty good game :).

Later I got Sonic Adventure for DC. I had a lot of fun with that game (haven't beaten it yet). My main problem with the game was the screwy camera. The controls were pretty good and the graphics were fabulous, save for one part (Kaiser knows what part it is ;)). The levels were pretty fun too. Overall I think its an excellent game. I had a blast playing it :D.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
Best Action: Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
Reason: It had a story that pulled you, if just a bit short. The ability to switch between charcters was nice and added some interesting gameplay elements. The graphics were amazing as well. (plus a FR fan)

Best Stealth Game: Tenchu:Wrath of Heaven
Reason: I felt it had a more rewarding feeling than some of the other stealth games out there. I also loved the series from the start. The story was sadly lacking in this one and I am looking forward to the next installment "Tenchu: Kurenai".

Best Platformer: Jax and Dexter 2&3
Reason: The games just felt great. I loved the charcters and gameplay elements and actually enjoyed gathering all the precursor legacy orbs.

Best RPG: (Tie) Shadow Hearts:Covenant/Wild Arms:R
Reason: SH was a great sequal to a already classic game. They took the first and blew it up. I can't describe how happy I was with it. In my opinion this is what square should be doing. Wild Arms:R was proof a remake could be decent, I had a big doubt about it, but was proven wrong. It had the classic feel and yet gave a fresh look on this timeless game.

Best SRPG: Sakura Taisen: Atsuki Chishio Ni
Reason: I was late to play this one, really should be under 2k3, but it took me awhile and felt this was a better SRPG, than many of the ones that came out this year. Great story, battle system and cute girls make up this fun adventure

Best First Person Shooter: Metroid Prime 2
Reason: Screw HL-2. I want to wear shiny armor and feel hot plasma rifle leave my fingers tips. ;) A game that made you feel more involved than I believe most fps strive to do. I craved to play non-stop to just squeeze that next area.

Best Multi-player: UT2k4
Reason: Assault ...that's all I have to say..oh and how about "Red Orchestra"...yea..that's all im saying...

Best MMORPG: Lineage 2
Reason: It's great to look at, but that's not it. It's the feel of immersion and comradery. Am I a bit biased, yea. I just felt the 100,000 who play Warcraft follow the crowd. I just love my L2. Plain and simple...that's it...

Best Genre Bender: Beyond Good and Evil
Reason: Highly under-rated classic. Everything about it screamed fun. I hope a sequal is on the.... wait what's that?..it is....awesome....

Best Survival Horror (Tie): Fatal Frame 2/Silent Hill 4
Reason: FF2 was scary, only game to ever make me look around, while SH4 created a enviorment that was sick and twisted with a involving storyline.

Disappointment of 2k4: Doom 3
Reason:...scary?...yea if i was 4? graphics?...sorry wasn't impressed. Gameplay? Doom 2 was more fun..just wasn't my thing..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts