Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinking of changing my old geforce 256 with a new card and was planning to get a geforce gts w/ 32mb, but on the store i saw a geforce 2mx400 with 64 mb at half the price of a gts.

do you guys think the mx is worth buying? btw can you give me specs for the mx and the gts and the current price of a geforce 3. also don't recommend expensive card coz i'm still a college student and have no means yet of income.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
In my opinion.................
Don't upgrade your VGA card.It not worth enough to upgrade from GeForce1 to GeForce2 series or GeForce3..........
Your GeFocre1 still not old yet.In PC gaming today still not using ability of GeFocre1.I think they still in TNT2 class............
Even you buy for emulator I still think it not worth...........
Anyway don't upgrade now....................

·
Registered
171 Posts
geforce 3 is still way too expensive to buy about 350$-550$.
but the geforce 2mx400 is alot cheaper .
the deffirence between the geforce gts and the mx is exactly like the deffirence between celeron cpu and the full cache model.
its the same clock speed but a less productivity.
but i heared some where that the mx400 is about equal to the
older gts(the well known geforce 2 gts) in power and even 10%
more powerful at some times (specially at the 32 bit color depth at the high resolutions.
i dont think that the geforce 1 is bad , ithink its still good enough
, but if you decided to upgrade i think you should go for
a geforce 2mx400.
good luck ...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Nvidia says that the MX cpu is crippled by half of the pipelines, from 8 to 4.. but it still performs better than the 256, or the original Geforce 2...

The MX is a great buy, and the MX 400 is a great buy too.. I had bought both of the cards, but decided to keep the original MX because the FPS in the games were only 1-2 faster (700 poly/sec versus 800 poly/sec top speed), and the 3D mark score only about 100... Stay as far way from the 100/200 series MX...

But anyways, you were talking about the MX 400... Your 256 is quite good, and you wouldnt see much performance increase. Atleast most likely not a hundred dollars worth.. Wait untill the other Geforce cards come down. Right now, where i live, you can get a GeForce 2 GTS Pro for about $140... And the price is still falling...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts