Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Narcissist
725 Posts
...you'd be surprised at the quality of hardware senior management gets, and all they do is email or browsing. Last year a supervisor wanted, and got, a top-of-the-line PC, bells and whistles included, everything plus the kitchen sink. And all he does is play Solitaire or email - I doubt he knows what kind of beast he has there under the hood either.

Whereas us peons get machines with a third of his budget. It's enough to make you cry.

Here's a link to a little utility that lets you take a look at your CPU/mainboard as well.

CPU-Z: http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php

Anyone can recommend a similar app for graphic cards? E.g., lists supported instructions sets, whatever.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Celine said:
...you'd be surprised at the quality of hardware senior management gets, and all they do is email or browsing. Last year a supervisor wanted, and got, a top-of-the-line PC, bells and whistles included, everything plus the kitchen sink. And all he does is play Solitaire or email - I doubt he knows what kind of beast he has there under the hood either.

Whereas us peons get machines with a third of his budget. It's enough to make you cry.

Here's a link to a little utility that lets you take a look at your CPU/mainboard as well.

CPU-Z: http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php

Anyone can recommend a similar app for graphic cards? E.g., lists supported instructions sets, whatever.
SiSoft Sandra can do that.

* Contribs can't attach images, I suppose.

·
Narcissist
725 Posts
Thanks FLaRe85 - even the lite version looks quite nifty :)

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
i've had a lot of people say to the contrary. that's why i suggested OGL1---probably ;) i dunno, it seems luck of the draw or computer skill or something, some people report great FPS and video quality with OGL2 + GF4.....some people report not even being able to get 60 fps.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
The only problems I experienced on my Ti4600 and Ti4800 (=Ti4600 /w 8x AGP) on two completely different setups with Pete's OGL2 plugin, was that any official nvidia driver release newer than version 53.03 no longer allows you to put the internal Y resolution to Very High, since performance would drop to around and below 1 fps. And yes, I checked if OGL texture clamping was the culprit since it was enabled by default in the newer ones.

53.03 and below would allow me to set both X and Y to Very High with a constant framerate of 50 (PAL), while turning off the fps limit wouldn't let it go past a constant of 85 (due to Vsync and my refreshrates on those systems). All of this with FBE constantly on 3. Exception to this rule was Chrono Cross, which had a slowdown on entering battles with an FPS of around 35-45.

Mind you, the Ti4600 sits in a Barton 2800+ and the Ti4800 in a Northwood 3.0 GHz, which probably helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.