Next Generation Emulation banner

Which system is the winner?

• Playstation 2 rocks!!! X-Box and Gamecube is a failure!

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • Gamecube rocks cause of of the cute games thats coming out.

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • X-Box is the best! Just look at the graphics!

Votes: 9 15.5%
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

· 8+ Years
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which system is most likely to win and which one would be out of business soon? I say the Playstation 2 console is stil the best selling after X-box and gamecube came out. And X-box just sucks. (Except the graphics)

· 8+ Years
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just looking at the games all the good games thats coming out on Playstation 2 makes Playstation 2 the winner. And who actually cares about the graphic difference between the 3 consoles. I dont think graphics could get any better then Dreamcast graphics. It all just looks the same to me.

· <B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
6,550 Posts
I would stay PS2 has the best lineup of games right now, currently its ranked #1, but who knows, people are fickle minded.. but i do hope the PS2 remains on top.. since i do own one and i wouldn't wanna run out of game options for it.. hehe.. :evil:

· Registered
12,014 Posts
> Gamecube rocks cause of of the cute games thats coming out.

Heh, I like that description. :p It's STILL too early too call, but I'd say the PS2. As CD said in another thread about this, it's less of a case of who's going to be number 1 than who's going to be number 2.

· 8+ Years
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just read something bad on ign.com
Ryos...it said something about the ps2.
After 2002 there would be not many games coming out for playstation 2, it will be coming out on the playstation 3. The x-box and gamecube made sony go in early development of the ps3.

· Registered
12,014 Posts
ToM_E: Yes, as I've said all along. People automatically equate the best hardware to the best system, which is a foolhardy position to take. However, it still doesn't change the nature of the race, especially since 3 will most likely also be backwards compatible (just a guess on my part).

· 8+ Years
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh I just found it
Here it goes

We love these guys, but they love to take their time. We predict Enix will announce that Dragon Quest VIII will appear exclusively on PlayStation 2, but the next game in the most popular series in Japan won't see release on PS2 until PS3.

We predict that the PS2 will sell more consoles worldwide than the Xbox or the GameCube combined.

If you wanna read more click on my link
http://ps2.ign.com/news/40599.html

· Registered
12,014 Posts
ToM_E: Oh, are you talking about that? They're just poking fun at how long it took Enix to do Dragon Quest VII. It's not like that's an official announcement (that will be coming up sooner or later, probably as late as possible).

· 8+ Years
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was talking about this.

but the next game in the most popular series in Japan won't see release on PS2 until PS3.

That means Final Fantasy XII wont be on ps3. Final Fantasy XII has been confirmed and I have seen screen shots of it. In last years gamepro there was an article on Squaresofts Tokyo gameshow and It showed Final Fantasy 9,10,11,12.

· Registered
1,087 Posts
thats so hard to predict...
a year ago i would have bet my mother that XBOX would win and be it only because of the unbelievable loads of money microsoft has got to advertise the thing. but now, i see all those horrible XBOX games, the unbelievable price and the bad software lineups coming in the next few months...
the XBOX may be more powerfull, but that doesnt matter AT ALL. if you look at the numbers, the N64 is more powerfull then a PS too, but still the PS games look far better!
i think the PS2 will make it, because of its powerfull software line-up that it has already and that it will receive in the next months and because its a little older, which means its getting cheaper. theres also the fact, that you can use all your PS1 games and as a free gift you get a DVD-Player.
Nintendo will once again win the innovation price, i dont think they can climb the top though...
they got the best system in my opinion, not because of its power, but because they realized that right now it is most important to keep the effort developers have to put in to make games at a minimum. also they got great and, what is most important, exclusive games for their system, not only the nintendo and rare games, but also that great capcom deal they have! But Nintendo will never gain the cool image a the name Playstation got, im not talking about us quality game players, im talking about all the dumb people who have to inform themselves in the stores to get an idea of what is cool to buy right now, but who cares really...
as long as its not a flop its okay with me, but i honestly pray to god that all those damned utterly evil microsoft boxes will some day be brought together to let them burn in a huge cleaning fire.

· 8+ Years
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
U never know. The gamecube and xbox is still in the early stages. Playstation 2 didnt have that many great games when it first came out.

· Registered
4,342 Posts
Here's my analysis:

Gamecube, much like all other Nintendo consoles, is aimed mainly at the kids market. Most of it's games are geared toward the E and at most T rating, until recently. Although the Big N had made some attempts to enter the adult market with a few M rated games (most notably Conker's BFG, which, IMHO, is one of the best N64 games ever made), their own attempt to be able to be stay as the 'Disney' to parents of videogamers impeded their own marketing strategy; Conker was never advertised on their site, their magazine, etc... Becuase of the past history, I believe that it'll be harder for the Big N to shed their kiddy market image and convince older gamers that their games aren't just geared towards kids. However, NGC's price difference between X-Box and PS2 might tempt people with a tighter budget. As far as the launching of the console, went, it sucked. Luigi's Mansion was a terrible failure, and Waverace could've been better (not that it isn't good). The lack of a DVD player might also disappoint people. I've been playing NGC for a while now, but mainly due to Super Smash Bros.
Personally, I think it's going to out sell X-Box, but probably not PS2.

Microsoft's X-Box is ugly. I still haven't found a place to put it since it's so big, so currently it's just sitting on the floor, tripping anyone who might be walking without paying any attention to the ground and thus bring down my TV and all the cables with it. I think of X-Box as the rich kid that has all the money. With money, they can find experienced first-party developers (their still searching) and thus make up for their lack of experience. Except for Halo, all of the games out currently suck. I don't think X-Box is going to fare well against the other consoles. Though it might be the middle of the road console, not too geared towards kids or adults, so people of all ages wouldn't mind having one, they don't have any serious strength either.

PS2. it rocks. Period. Large game library (especially if you count PSX games). FUN GAMES. I think PS2 is going to sell very well.

Well, that's my two cents. Now, BRING ON THE FLAMES!

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.