Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which SVN gives the highest FPS and speed?
Some would say the newest revision, some say the good ol' 1.02...

Which of them is faster?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm sure your best bet is always the latest version. With some revisions around, it's impossible to say which of them is the fastest.

·
Super Moderator
13,064 Posts
There are no such specific revisions.

Pick a game, and check in which revision it works the fastest, provided proper tinkering with settings. Commonly, revisions around rev1000 seem to be claimed to perform faster than the latest ones, but obviously the difference in compatibility would be huge. Quite the tradeoff.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I dont think latest is the equivalent to fastest ... definitely not
rather equivalent to 'compatibliest' :lol:

·
Banned
303 Posts
ive found rev 1292 is fastest with resident evil remake and zero on my slowish dual core

id like to know what revs you guys find best for zelda TLP i just got this

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Which SVN gives the highest FPS and speed?
Some would say the newest revision, some say the good ol' 1.02...

Which of them is faster?
It kinda depends on what games you wanna play as some revisions can add speed or slowdowns on different games.

·
The Ultimate Life Form
207 Posts
Newer revisions may slow down and speed up some games. Shadow the hedgehog and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle run slower than they did in R1000s but other games run faster.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I used to keep track of the speeds for SSBM for many revisions, but I lost track of it all around the 300s or so.

The best way to figure it out without playing every game on every version would probably be to look at the svn logs and see what changes were made in each revision. If the change is a speedup, it is probably comparatively fast, but if it's a compatability fix, it's probably slower.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts