Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other (plz explain)

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Oh yeah!! My sound Blaster Live! with the Desktop Theater Speakers ROCKS!!!

I feel like i'm at the cinema with them... the only thing missing is the popcorn hehe :D

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I ve heard that creative was working on a new DSP, supposed to be 4 times more powerful than the emu10k1 (located on sound blaster live cards).
I just went to soundblaster.com and seen that they re releasing the sound blaster audigy. Maybe it s this new card.

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
is there any good sound card manufacturer execpt creative labs?

C

·
0 Posts
Creative's Audigy is looking very nice. It use the EMU10K2, the successor to the EMU10K1..

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Creative pretty much owns the sound card market. Their last real competition was Aureal but they were bought out by Creative about a year ago.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
If I were you guys,I would look on the Hercules side,on the year to come,Creative will have a real(french:D )competitor.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'm looking forward for Sound Blastere Live! Digital Entertainment 5.1 with Live!Drive II - the price is dropping here - about 50-60%

·
Registered
251 Posts
Originally posted by 404
I'm looking forward for Sound Blastere Live! Digital Entertainment 5.1 with Live!Drive II - the price is dropping here - about 50-60%
better get yourself a soundblaster live!5.1 platinum then

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Well the main reason due to which I bought,was because I wanted to use soundfonts.......and thats all.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wow everyone's for SB live lol

Doesn't anyone use any other cards listed in the poll besides SB Live! ? Those of you that have tried it, what do you think of them? How does it compare to SB Live! etc.

C

·
0 Posts
I've got friends with the Santa Cruz, they say it's awesome. It also conforms to the PCI spec, so it doesn't have loads of problems with some mainboard chipsets.

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Ah, good ol' Creative. Nothing like following an industry standard. :D Very trusted name at this point. Hope they don't end up like Micro$oft.

·
Registered
265 Posts
SonicFury/Santa Cruz is acclaimed as having the best quality of those soundcards. It's also significantly cheaper than the 5.1 platinum, and doesn't have the problems many sblive users have been having with motherboards in particular those with the 686b southbridge.

Rumours from motherboard manufacturers regarding nForce say the delays are stemming from the sound implementation. Of course, rumours are merely rumours.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts