• other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Originally posted by Nebuchadnezzar
It guesses what you want? My Perl is only doing things I don't want it to do ;)
Lol
i remember once i wanted it to increment a string like "00000001" to '00000002" ... all languages or didnt accept it cuz it was string, or just incremented to "2".... perl was the only one to do it right :D

it guesses what i want.... i think it is in bad mood with you :p

[]'s

Tenchi Muyou

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, i heard that too.... But i dont use databases, so until now i dont any need for it. Usually i do just some script for creating accounts or change some settings, not too much difficult.

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
IMHO, depends, a LOT.

First, it depends on what you're going to do. For generating pages using a database, you can use almost all languages, but if you need a page to, say, manage windows accounts, you'll definitely use ASP.

Second, it depends on what's your previous knowledge. If you're a VB programmer, using ASP is very easy, while if you're a Java programmer you'll most likely prefer a JSP/Servlets solution.

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
PHP, for the good of mankind. I cannot understand a single line of Perl, not to say that ASP is really strange for me... what you can do in 2 lines writing in PHP, you need 5 for ASP. I can't say anything about Perl as I don't know it, but look very complicated for me. Also, connections to a database are pretty much easier with PHP.

It's a metter of taste, though. I go for PHP, always :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts