Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the Game Boy to the DS, what do you think of the Zelda games for each system? which are worth owning? After legally downloading the Super Nintendo version of a Link to the Past, I have to say it's far superior to the Game Boy Advance version, but how are the Zelda games on the portables as a whole.

oO :???:

·
Demon
1,204 Posts
Links Awakening - I enjoyed it but there are some stupid puzzles that need to be solved in order to advance (like finding a fisherman under a bridge! HOW THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW I NEED TO TRADE ITEMS WITH A FISHERMAN UNDER A BRIDGE WHEN I DONT EVEN SEE HIM NOR ANYONE MENTIONS HIM!!! AAARRGGHH!!!)

Minish Cap - A begginers Zelda game. It doesn't excel at anything but it does everything competently. It's a good introduction to the Zelda universe.

Phantom Hourglass - I HATE WATER TEMPLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
no sound, your sig is exceedingly too large, please condense it down by removing line breaks, or i wil have to report you to an administrator.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
its ok, just be on topic from now on.

I liked Oracle of ages as well, seasons not so much.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
From what I've heard, all Zelda games are good expect for the CDi ones.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
I don't think I can recall playing a bad Zelda game at all, no matter the platform it's on. My two favorite portable Zeldas are Minish Cap and Link's Awakening, with the Oracle games not too far behind. I liked Phantom Hourglass, but it never really grabbed a hold of me and kept my interest like every other Zelda game manages to do (to my absolute horror :().

(don't bring up the CD-i ones, never played them and never will :p)

Edit: oops, didn't see your post up there Exodus. :emb:

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
im sure we have a rule about mentioning the *** games.

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
Minish Cap wins, hands down. Such an immersive game that I enjoyed every minute of. Frustrating at times though, when you need to be normal size/Minish size to get past certain parts but can't figure out a way to do so. Still an excellent game though. My second favorite handheld Zelda games are the Oragle of the Ages/Seasons. It's great to play it on the screen and not have to mess around with TV-Out to play classics on the TV screen. I am actually replaying them in a GBC emu on the Wii's Homebrew Channel. If you haven't heard of that, look into it now. Every Wii owner should have their Wii softmodded to allow for the HBC channel. Since it's a softmod, there is no soldering or chips involved. It only requires that you have Twilight Princess and an SD card (Not SDHC upon installation, though the HBC allows the use of SDHC cards for homebrew apps within it) to transfer files. Since you're a Zelda fan, I'm sure you already have the first of the two. The Homebrew Channel actually looks and sounds like an official Nintendo channel with its excellent design. You won't be ashamed to proudly diplay the HBC on your Wii. ;)

Wii Shop channel is teh fail. Before I heard of the HBC from bobrocks, I spent about $50 buying games that I already have (Sonic 3, Super Metroid, LOZ: OOT and a few other NES games).

lol. You've been watching the nerd... :)
I first heard about the shyte CDI Zelda game on G4TV. I forget which show it was on. Maybe it was talking about the worst games in history or something.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
its ok, just be on topic from now on.

I liked Oracle of ages as well, seasons not so much.
Ages felt more puzzle-based to me than Seasons, which I'm guessing is why you liked it more.

I think all the portable Zelda games are good, Minish Cap, Oracle of Ages/Season, Link's Awakening, and Phantom Hourglass.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Link's Awakening is definitely one of the best Gameboy games out there, highly recommended! It has a lovely world to explore and great dungeons, I think I've finished it 5 times and it never gets dull.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass win hands down. :p Phantom Hourglass makes very good use of the DS features, every single one of 'em, so if you have a DS, consider picking that game up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts