Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight was the first night in a few months I played my DS, ever since I've purchased a PSP in July, that's the only portable I've been playing for the most part, but I had fun playing commercial emulators on my DS Lite tonight.

I still like the DS, but the PSP has yet to wear off it's newness.

But I'll call it a tie between the PSP 3000, and the DS Lite, but I'm eager to hear about others opinions...

Anyone have a DSi or PSP Go they wanna boast about?

Any Europeans get the PSP Go with the 3 free games?

:evil:

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
DSi here... browser sucks major donkey ***, and no new exciting games, plus battery life is worse than DS Lite. Camera is useless... and to top it off, homebrew can't yet take advantage of the faster CPU. :p

PSP Go here also... Nothing new over old PSP systems. Battery life seems a bit better but that's thanks to the absence of the UMD drive. At least the screen is sharper and much more pleasant to view, plus it's much more... hmm... portable than the older PSP that's for sure. Can't wait to see the day homebrews get enabled so I can start doing stuffs other than listening to songs or play games. :p Oh yeah, and I like the fact that you can get out of a game at any time and go do something else then get back in exactly at the same place. Very useful for some quick cheat lookups or so. Now only if they would add my favorite games to PSN... :innocent:

And the title of the best portable goes to... my nVidia Ion netbook! It plays Crysis (after like a whole week of tweaks and stuffs), Street Fighter IV and COD4 on the go. Battery even lasts for 4.5 hours when gaming. If not gaming, I can use it to do CAD or some semi-serious Photoshop works. On-net time is 5.5 hours roughly. So what's there to contest? :p

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Haven't bought a handheld console since the original gameboy, but if I were to get a new handheld I would go for the PSP. Sharper screen, and games that suit my taste better.

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
PSP 1000 owner here, with no regrets.

Bought it cheap second hand, and so far I've had no regrets... Lots of amazing games, excellent homebrew, and a nice bit of customizability with it. One of the best investments I've made to date.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
what netbook and how bad are the graphics in COD 4 and Crysis? I have a 9400m and the demo of COD4 is sluggish at Medium settings (runs like 20-30FPS)
COD4 only gets sluggish if the FPS gets below 10 since the game engine scales itself to fit either 30FPS or 60FPS.

And mine is using 9400m too. Try setting everything to low, leave textures at "extra" and turn on Specular Lighting. The game wouldn't look too bad then and may still be playable. The rest of the other stuffs are pretty gimmick...

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
I'd say PSP. Better graphics, and less childish looking rpgs.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
ill say get a psp but a psp2000 which can make pandora batteries, i got one and i can do evertyhting with it, there allot of good emulators for the psp, sure snes emulators are lacking speed but it looks like that going to change with devs working on it...

if it was 6 months ago i would have said dont consider a psp but now there are so many games released and improving support by homebrew devs... anyways i like the games better on psp than on ds anyways

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
PSP original here, bought it for homebrew and never regretted it for a moment. Right now I got in doubt a bit if I really made the right decision in terms of gaming though. Nintendo is making me feel nostalgic with their great handheld titles. The problem is that the PSP lacks games for on the road, it's all a bit too much of the PS2 type, while I was actually longing for something to replace my Gameboy.

Anyway, I'm in the process of rediscovering the system. Now I just have to find affordable games -_-

What I just love is the RemoteJoyLite though ;)

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
If I had to get a portable it would be the Gameboy Micro. Why?

1. It is so tiny it fits everywhere, wherever you go, whenever you go.
2. High quality back-lit sharp screen (sharp due to its small size but many pixels).
3. Can be found really cheap cause it "failed" commercially.

Perfect replacement for my over-used Advance SP. :p

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
I had a PSP 2000 with a lot of homebrew, now my brother in law has it. I'm using my laptop for my portable needs. :D

·
Waluigi FAN! :D
24 Posts
The graphics do not important ^^
The fun its important, i love DS, DS Phat was an epic, the start of new generation of portables, DS Lite, 2nd Dual Screen (DS) released, more resistent and better buttons, DSi, last edition (but not yet) buttons VERY better, dsiware, internet, opera browser, etc...
And DSi LL, will release still this year, in Japan...
Sorry about my english, very bad oO

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.