Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Neuview (Not so famous though)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 21 46.7%
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

· Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
Windows Media Player + K-Lite Codec Pack. Play everything I throw at it. But I still have QuickTime and RealPlayer for the occasional .mov and .rm files (K-Lite codec pack doesn't play them correctly despite that fact that it says it does).

· band
5,270 Posts
On Windows I've been an advocate of Media Player Classic + CCCP for years. Recently however, a coworker introduced me to KoolPlaya (AKi-Software - Home of KoolPlaya) I tried it on a server that had no videocard and it produced the best results in terms of playing an HD video on such limited resources.

On Mac, I use VLC, which managed to play a huge WMV file that Quicktime choked on.

· Super Moderator
5,546 Posts
Gom Player and VLC Media Player. They are excellent with .srt and .sub files for the closed captioning. :)

Media Player Classic is not bad and is an excellent with .srt and .sub files but Gom Player is much better because if you have two parts of .avi and it will automatically to the next .avi instead of go there and click .avi for your next view. :)

I hate RealPlayer and QuickTime.

· Registered MSX user
1,671 Posts
WMPlayer with MediaPlayerCodecPack.

PowerDVD for DVD movies only.

· Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
11,526 Posts
These days I tend to use VCL media player more and more, but I occasionally still use Media Player Classic. This is for my XP machine, for my Laptop, I use the standard Windows Media Player with whatever codec pack I have installed. Seems to do the job relatively well.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.