Next Generation Emulation banner

Which animal would you most want to have as a pet?

• Dogs

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Cats

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Fishes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Farm animals (horses, pigs, cows etc)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Birds

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Mice (hamsters and such)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other animal (please specify)

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I hate pets!

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most definitely cats for me! They're so cute and cuddly and they purr when you stroke them.

Which pet do you prefer the most?

·
Lurker
321 Posts
Cats, mainly older lazy fat ones who are mellow and non annoying (ie lap cats)

I also like larger, quieter dogs, Unfortunately that means more $$ spent on food so I don't have one.

I hate hyper animals, which includes most small dogs and kittenses

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Dogs, with cats as a second... Don't have a dog anymore, I kind of had a dog few years ago but it got a tumor and had to be put down, after a surgery with the wound getting infected and the tumor coming back. By "kind of" having a dog, I mean that it was actually my sisters like officially. But it was me and parents who took care of it as she was living the late teens with weekly "get-wasted" phase... She has another dog now and is actually taking care of it, which is sort of suprising but I guess even idiots grow up:lol:

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
Cats and Toxoplasma gondii

Epidemiology of the Toxoplasma gondii:

.....This is a zoonosis affecting almost all mammalian carnivores and mammals in contact with cats. The cat is the definitive host because the sexual reproductive cycle of toxoplasmosis occurs only in the intestinal epithelial cells of cats.

Humans become infected in several ways:
- ingestion of oocysts through contamination of food, hands, etc. with cat feces.
Toxoplasmosis (Toxoplasma gondii) - McGill University
ScienceDaily (Jan. 18, 2008) — Findings from what is believed to be the largest comparison of blood samples collected from healthy individuals and people with schizophrenia suggest that infection with the common Toxoplasma gondii parasite, carried by cats and farm animals, may increase the risk of schizophrenia.

Toxoplasma Infection Increases Risk Of Schizophrenia, Study Suggests
Toxoplasma gondii and schizophrenia. [Emerg Infect Dis. 2003] - PubMed Result

Mind-Control Microbe | Family Health | DISCOVER Magazine

CDC - Toxoplasma gondii and Schizophrenia

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rats are the best pets
I have some of those in my sewers, want one? :p

@PCXL: Come one man! Almost everything has the potential to carry diseases, some more then others, but we just have to live with it :p Can't cocoon yourself in a bacteria-free plastic bag for your whole life can you? :lol:

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Rats are actually smarter (with the correct training) then 60% of other mammals.

Oh yeah, another group of pets I love are mustelids

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hate hamstrers. they have sex too much.

I like violent animals, the more dangerous, the better.
Talk about sex, you haven't seen some goats!

1 which I slaughtered a week ago was actually gay :D No seriously

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not as a pet, just for slaughtering (cats are my favorite pets). Goats are far too dumb to make any decent pet, plus you can tell they've urinated from a mile away.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
@PCXL: Come one man! Almost everything has the potential to carry diseases, some more then others, but we just have to live with it :p Can't cocoon yourself in a bacteria-free plastic bag for your whole life can you? :lol:
I just felt like pointing that out to all you cat lovers :evil:

but seriously if you have an outdoor cat wash your hands before eating & keep the cat away from new borns.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
At the place where i bought my lizard, they had anacondas. The owner knew me, his assistant called me in the back office one day to show me some alligators he picked up. They were the most awesome thing, only 14" long. He wanted $375 for each. My brother jokingly asked if they had any lions. The guy looked around, and in a dead serious tone said he can get my brother one for $35,000 + airfare. oO

1 - 20 of 101 Posts