• Who needs an anti-virus!

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally, I've been using Nod32 for over a year and a half now, and have had only 1 serious attack since then. Isn't resource hungry either, very efficient, small sized auto-updates and doesn't mess around doesn't poke its butt everywhere! lol Surprisingly, I've been running uTorrent with this without any problems, despite the fact that the net is full of people complaining that using the 2 together is like mixing fire with water.

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
Norton, been using it for 5 years now. at first I used avg free edition, it used to detect viruses but did not delete them. then I got norton 2005, and it ate away my system, but still kept it safe. later in 2007 I got norton 2007 and I am still using it. At the start it was a big system hog, but later a software update fixed all that. Now even if it runs a scan in the background, I can continue doing my work.

No I am not going to change my antivirus no matter what you say!

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
i used Norton for way to long (Norton 360 fecked up some games for no apparent reason but lets not start with the Norton bashing) then commodo which i soon discovered was a piece of ****, so now im using ariva.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I use AVG Free Edition. Firstly because it's free, but also because I am extremely anal about applications running in the background that take up resources, and I'm satisfied that AVG uses very little.

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
Any other day I'd choose Kaspersky... But atm moment I'm using Nod32's 4.0 beta. Its free for the time being, and seems to act fine with Windows 7.

But to be completely honest, unless you have to traverse a ton of spam mail or visit shady sites... The need for an anti-virus isn't really that high. Its more of a last line of defence behind common sense and logic respectively.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Avira, I had a Kapersky trial, but it completely butchered Left 4 Dead. I'm cheap, I know.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Yep. I know my way around a computer son :D. Anti virus software slows your computer down too much

·
Rpcs3 user :D
780 Posts
I use Nod32 and it works great for me.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
I'm guessing me and Lord Zedeck are the only ones who voted for "No Anti Virus"

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
For our family computer I use AVG 8. For my personal laptop I do not use anything.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts