CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as the subject says all

C

·
0 Posts
ABIT, ASUS, or MSI..

Get a KT133A based board, unless you feel the NEED for DDR SDRAM.

S

·
0 Posts
I'm using a Soyo SY-K7VTA Pro KT133A mother board and I have had no problems w/it all. I got it, my processor, and cooling fan as a "bundle" at a very good price.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
171 Posts
i use a(soltek) taiwan made, mother board its high quality and good prise too (the same desighn as the gigabyte motherboard)
but at lower price.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the computer Vendor says the Gigabyte motherboards are the best..........hmmm...........okay I'll get a good one........thanks for then help

Ali
http://go.to/aliworld

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The computer vendors will sale only wjat they have got.........well I will buy a processor from one place and a motherboard from anotherone.

Ali
http://go.to/aliworld

·
Registered
632 Posts
Pc magazine middle & near east tested 23 motherboard for socket 370, socket A and socket 423(for P4 or 428 i forgot) and the editors choice for socket 370 goes to Gigabyte GA-60XET and for socket A it goes to Gigabyte GA-7DXR.

Check out the September issue. i would like to post the result but unfortonately i dont have a scanner.

check this out http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/news/n_2001.htm

C

·
0 Posts
That's nice.

It still doesn't make the Gigabyte a top performer. Heck, it's not even in the top three.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well one thing bugs me......and it is that a Gigabyte Mobo has only 1x AGP Slot

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no no it is not supposed to have a 1x AGP slot.Other mobos have 4x.My current mobo has a 2x AGP slot.Though it doesn't makes a difference in d3d and opengl,but it does effect software renderation.

Ali

C

·
0 Posts
In your post you said '1x AGP slot', not 'a 1x AGP slot', which I interpreted as one AGP slot, which is normal.

My mistake ;p

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NO PROBLEEEMOOOO........!eheh.......I speak like a terminator...!

·
Registered
23 Posts
abit kt7a for sdram, iwill ka266+ for ddr ram.
he's right - check out any hardware enthusiast (haha sounds so damn nerdy) site and you'll find that the KT7 and the KA-266+ are the only two motherboards used with tbirds

C

·
0 Posts
Yes, they will will work fine in any KT133, KT133A, KT266, AMD760, etc based board..

·
Registered
171 Posts
most of the mother boards produced lately (after june-2001) specially the famous marks like giga byte are including a 4x agp slot
but there is some which is supporting the 4x agp PRO which i have in my own soltek mother board which have the same desighn of the giga byte mother board of that model.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts