Next Generation Emulation banner

Which is the best gpu plug in?

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Prafull 
#1 ·
Hehehehe i know it's a kind of silly question but let's face it.If you have a geforce3 then u should try at least the Next 3D plug-in.The blur effect is awesome and i'd like to ask if anyone has tried it and some opinions about it (Especially from those who have kyro2 graphics cards).So which do you think is the best gpu plugin?I think it's Next3d with it's blur effect that wins,although i use pete's opengl 1.55 cause i can't get 60 frames with my current card with Next3D (Geforce2 MX-200).:)

#2 ·
Umm... did you know about Shift-PgUp when using Pete's plugin? If not, try it (when running a game using Pete's Plugin, just press Shift+PgUp).... and tell me what you think :)

IMO, NikK's plugin is making great strides.. gotta love the post-bilinear filter ;) ... however, it's not yet as compatible as Pete's or Lewpy's plugin....

#3 ·
Well nice effect but i now with 640x480 and 16bit i get 15 fps,not for my pc surely :p .Also i was amazed from Nick's plugin....the blur effect is perfect........it reminds me a lot of some pictures from the bleemcast!,but i like these effects a lot :).It makes games (such as Tekken3) look like arcades

#4 ·
hehe... well, motion blur is only reserved for those who has crazy hardware... but as for filtering blur, they're both very good.... either Pete's filtering+sprite smoothing, or NikK's post-bilinear filtering, they're both awesome..... thank goodness for filtering ;)

I get the sense you meant "filtering" when you said blur.... while I had 'motion blur' in mind... would you clarify? :p

#5 ·
Well sorry about that......but i was talking about Nick's Opengl,not D3d plugin,my mistake :).It has some great effects (both short and fas botion blur) but it has some problems (for example in tekken3 when u win a match it freezes).But it's surely prety cool effect :).When i'll get a geforce3 i'd like to use this plugin

#8 ·
Anyone who has a voodoo card will surely use the lewpys glide plugin,but i was talking for all the other users who have d3d or opengl plug ins.But i noticed that it's not perfect yet (Next3d and NextGL) so i'm still waiting for an update,hopefully when i have a geforce3 card,hehehehe :)

#11 ·
well if the thread showed something like nextGL vs other GPU´s there was other result and no confusing things :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.