Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Well, Dreamcast has been discontinued but it IS a very very good console. I had one for a short legnth of time and I was very impressed w/it. Another really nice console, though it is not new, is the PSOne. This is the little, portable, PSX. If you get the Game Screen, you can take it anywhere, but the only drawback is that it has to run off electric power and it uses two adapters, one for the PSOne and one for the Game Screen. The Game Screen comes w/a cigarrette lighter adapter that plugs into both units and works really well. Other than these two, I don't really know much about the others, but next I thinl I would say the PS2. It plays DVDs, it plays audio CDs, it play most PSX games, and the PS2 game selection is getting better than it was. So I woukl say consider it as well. I hope maybe I have been able to help a little and have given you something to think about. Best of luck.:)
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
183 Posts
My favorites are PS2 and Dreamcast.
If you're concerned about performance, buy the PS2.
If you're concerned about the price, buy the Dreamcast.

·
Registered
15 Posts
well.. all the EMU's are nice for playing old games.. and i would get PS2 since it's a great system with aswome titles.. plus it can play PS1 games

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by hankhoser

does this mean that the ps2 cant play ALL psx games?!
a small amount of games has problems, but from what I read it's really a very small amount and all newer games should work anyway.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by UncleClive
It doesn't play Final Fantasy Anthrology though :(
that sux...........hey, I read 'cas2' behind the ram in your siggie.....does cas3 or cas 2 make a huge difference? I have 384mb ram in my system, but one of the 64mb dimm's wont do 2, so I set everything to 3........

·
Registered
15 Posts
Originally posted by hankhoser

does this mean that the ps2 cant play ALL psx games?!
going back to what Samor said, there is like a total of 8 games that don't work. and the only good game that is really on that list is FFA. witch ticks me off, since i own both, i have to go back on my orgi PSX to play it. :shout:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i didnt get enough answers but any way thanks to you guys (specially bobotons for the good info ).
any way i decided to get a dreamcast since its cheaper.
ill be posting some screen shots for its games .
see ya

:D :) :p :emb:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
now i got my new dreamcast .
its really a great console now i can play my favourate game dead or alive 2
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :emb: :emb: :emb: :emb: :emb: :emb: :) :)
as you see i got an idea for lowering the coast .
i bought a tv tuner card and linked my DC to the pc .
thats a lot cheaper than buying a new tv set and a DC to .

·
Registered
199 Posts
You should look into getting a VGA adapter for the DC. Last I checked, they ran about $50 USD, but the price has probably gone down since then. They basically let you hook your monitor directly to the Dreamcast. Not all games support them (Although there are ways to make them work with any game), but the ones that do look MUCH better than they do using RCA or composite cables. Just if you get one, be sure to get one that has a passthrough, so that you can plug your monitor into both the DC and your computer at the same time.

C

·
0 Posts
Ok, why are people obsessed with saying 'EMU'?
It's not an acronym, it doesn't need to be all caps, that's just lame.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts