Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on buying a notebook and I wanted to know which one is faster and which one would be best for gaming as well also which would be best overall from every single aspect that you can imagine.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Well the centrinos are known for very good battery life so i might say go with centrino for the extra battery life(edit i don't know if the battery life will last as long if you want to play mostly games on it though).

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Have you considered a notebook with a pentium m processor? That's what I have. It is more like the althlon processors, because it runs at a lower clock speed but does more processes per clock cycle.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well yes I am considering the M version a well but what I want to know is that which one is faster in terms of speed and I'm not really considering the battery life as an issue.

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
for gameing, well i would have to go with the P4 3.0ht. Do you know the specks of the Centrino?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
ice2hot said:
Well yes I am considering the M version a well but what I want to know is that which one is faster in terms of speed and I'm not really considering the battery life as an issue.
Since battery life isn't an issue, go with the mobile pentium 4. The pentium m is similar in performance to it, but it is a bit constrained due to memory issues and bus speeds I think. Just make sure you always have an ac outlet nearby. ;)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I saw some tests at Toms Hardware, and in them the Centrinos simply crushed the Athlon 64 (or was it the XP??) even if they had the same clock speed.

·
Registered
331 Posts
it would have to be the athlon xp's because in no possible way can centrino's (32 bit?) beat the athlone 64. or so one would think...

·
/dev/user
407 Posts
Are you looking for a gaming notebook? Like a desktop replacement? If so you can go with a P4 or A64 based notebook. If you want a notebook that weighs far less, doesn't burn your lap, has good battery life and only 'pretty' good performance in games go for a centrino.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts