Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ff7 and im goin to buy ff9 today sum1 tell me wich 1 is better lol(stupid qeustion right?). I just wana no if it'll be more challenging than ff7 i need a good game right now im tryn to beat legend of dragoon:D

·
I code therefore I am.
412 Posts
FF7 is the better game but FF9 is ok to play. It's probably the best looking one made for the PSX. It is almost a railroad game though you hardly get a breather in it as you move through the game unfortunately. There isn't as many things you can do either. IE you can explore towns etc. Very linear game.

It's still fun.. many people finish in under 40 hours though :)

I haven't finished yet because I like to play my games and enjoy the fun :)

FF7 I've gotten past the North corel demolishion and I'm doing the Fort Condor part.
In FF9 I'm going to the places that goes to the outer world.
In FF8 I'm at the point of SEED test.. the game seems to not like ePSXe :)
FF6 I'm at the mountain where you get the brother of the inventor.
FF5 I'm on the first planet.
FF4 I've become a palidan and I'm looking for the fire crystal in a magnetic cave :p

The only FF game I don't have is Tactics :)

Cyb

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
In the battles, I found that they were a bit harder in 9. In the latter parts of 7 and 8, my characters were nearly unbeatable, no matter how strong the enemy. :D But not in 9. Plus, leveling up takes longer. In 7 and 8, I always got characters to the max levels by the end, but in 9, I only got Zidane that high. It would take me months at the rate I play (8-12 hours a week).

·
The Nexus of a Crisis, and The Origin of Storms
767 Posts
Well, I hate to sound like some kinda 1337 FF-lover, but the crystal in the magnetic cave was actually the earth crystal....the fire crystal was captured during the raid on Damcyan.

Heh, I can understand totally wanting to take the games slow and enjoy them, but I have a pet peeve where I get annoyed if I have strated too many games and not finished them.

Thus do I end up usually finishing most games a start, often to a deep welling sadness that there is no more to play..... :)

Then, back in the days when there weren't 3-5 good RPGs a year, I would often play through the whole game again, this time taking it eeextra slow, searching out all the little nooks and crannies and building up invincible characters.

For some reason, I found it was more fun to rush through the game for the simple fact that I missed a lot of items and didnt earn hardly any levels, so the game was more challenging.

Oh goodness, Im rambling, Ill stop :-D

TastEPlasma

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
FF6 kickz ass
i simply Hate FF9, its the worst of them all :D
about the ones u said, id definetly go for 7 (best PSX FF) but 8 has the best music.
And i agree w/ Vid, CC is astonishing! (and so is chrono trigger)

·
The (V)ighty |>uffleHuff
607 Posts
ya cc was great wasnt it...
i luv ct too, but it was for snes, and i havent wasted my $$ on the remix version
i liked ff6, but i guess i just had to go with ff7 cuz of the mix of storyline, materia, and grafix

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL!! well i guess i gota buy a new ff7:D THX for all the oppinions well its ez to tell that ff6 and 7 are the winners! lol

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
FFVII of COURSE! i played that game 4 days without sleeping.., im not kidding.. plus i wuz absent for a couple of weeks from univ.. talk about being a freak... ehehehe:D :D :D

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Right now I'm playing through it for the 10th time (yes! A Benchmark :D). I don't know anyone else who's as obsessed as me, so, it's good of you to post, Xeven :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
my fav is FF7 and FF8, I like FF7 coz it last me longer and had great story line except I hate the part where the girl had to die and I can't do anything about it. I like 8 with the great ending, and I can't believe the music and movie, it's GREAT!!!! I hate ff9, it suck BAD!!!!!

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
Originally posted by Xenomorph
FF7! FF7! Nanaki! Played that 3 times trough... Too bad that there's no sequels to FF's :(
umm, wut do you mean no sequel? if you're saying sequel with the same chars.. then yeah, could be great if we had one... but i guess one of the best things about the ff games, iz that characters are different everytime..:D

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yes sequel with same characters... They say that the FF's are always different adventure but there is some progress
(at FF3/6 start there's something 'bout war of magic what was at 2???)

·
Registered
356 Posts
...And one bad thing about always changing world is that the quality varies... FF7 and 8 are VERY different from my point of view
anyway... But if the game is always different more people could get intressed of FF series...

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.