Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well am writing a chip8 emulator for my dissertation and am trying to decide which graphics API i should use, directx, opengl or is there something better that am missing ?. am writing my chip8 emulator in C++, any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts
also, a simple graphics solution is using StretchDIBits().
thats what i'm using for my NES emu (which is on a temporary hiatus since i'm occupied with pcsx2 coding :/)
:thumb:

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Self quoting ftw.

And cotton, when will you release your Ps3 emulator??

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
You don't wanna poke that with a ten-foot pole. :p Trust me, Phil, there's more to it than it seems. Just the fact that you have access to full documentations on the CPU makes it a lot different than the others. And I think legally, you can reverse-engineer your own codes, too, but that's another side of the problem: it's really too complicated.

Plus you still don't have documentations on the rest of the hardware, and there's no way to reverse-engineer them unless you have access to a debug console or an employee of some game studio leaks some documents... Not that I think we would be able to grasp it, anyway. No for many years, especially considering emulation is a hobby.

...I underestimated the friggin' thing...

...so just wait until it at least has homebrews that breach the XMB? :p Or better yet, a way to get over the HyperVisor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts