Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently, a moderator closed a thread because it was posted in two diffrent forms. The question he asked was most likely directed twords an administrator.

That point aside. Do you think its wrong to post a thread in two diffrent locations? And which forms do you read?

Personally, i only read the ePSXe discussion forum...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Originally posted by Dan
Do you think its wrong to post a thread in two diffrent locations?
Yes, it's wrong. It messes up the forums. I'm a moderator too (not here), and when it happens, I simply delete the thread, leaving only one, on the most appropriate forum. ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Dan, Iam the one who closed the second thread. I did so because Bobbi had already responded to the one in General Discussion. I was polite and asked Meatalmurpy not to do it again. I did not threaten him in any way. In the thread that Bobbi responded to, Metalmurphy apologized and that is all. He now knows better and I'm sure he will be more careful in the future. Also multiple threads about the exact same thing clutter the boards, annoy members, and eat up bandwidth (something that I'm sure Bobbi keeps a close eye on). That is also why I closed the 2nd thread and why it will stay closed.
BTW, I am an Administrator here also, not just a moderator.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

B

·
0 Posts
Not everyone has to read every forum - but when you have a technical question about PSXEmu, that certainly doesn't belong into the ePSXe discussion, and, furthermore, I already replied to the thread in the general discussion. We usually browse through all boards to see if things run smooth as we have to keep an eye on it - we don't expect our members to do that though :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didnt think anyone did anything wrong. I moderated a board at planet hippo that had several diffrent fourms, and i let threads post on multiple boards... Just a diffrent philosophy thats all. I allowed that because some people just stick to one topic they like... Like me... ePSXe... Great bunch of people... well, maybe 8 bit was questionable...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts