Next Generation Emulation banner

Which Final Fantasy has the best musics?

• Final Fantasy

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Final Fantasy II

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Fantasy III

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Final Fantasy IV

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Fantasy V

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Final Fantasy VI

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Final Fantasy VII

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Final Fantasy IX

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • They all suck

Votes: 2 5.7%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok,so give me your advice on those games musics.
I think the 6&8 have the best musics and the7 the worst.
What about you?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
im a little confused here..
are you referring to the japanese numbering system? :confused:
because just by numbers, isnt 6 the same as 3?

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YES I'm referring to the japanese one so here are the equivalent:
I believe only the first has been released on NES so it must be:
1Jap=1US
2&3Jap=never released in th US
4Jap=2US
5Jap=never released in the US
6Jap=3US
7Jap=7US
8Jap=8US
9Jap=9US
I think I'm right,if not then tell me.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Disturbed have played FF6?
I know FF8 is fantastic(my favourite one on PSX)but FF6 is just a little bit better.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
:eek: the first ever?? :eek:
heh, you missed out on some really sweat rpg action on the snes, but thanks to the magic of modern-day emulation, you can relive those non-existant days of your youth playing the games that made rpgs what they are today

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well,I personally don't like PC's RPGs.
I don't like the way you fight in most of those ones,the musics are quite bad and the storys never interested me.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Raziel
Well,I personally don't like PC's RPGs.
I don't like the way you fight in most of those ones,the musics are quite bad and the storys never interested me.
I don't like 'em either.....they're just not the same...and they don't have silly small characters with big heads :D

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
but, what about pc adventure games? they fall under the "role playing game" category..
such examples are, discworld 1 and 2 (1 was ported to psx i believe), monkey island 1-4, maniac mansion and the rest of the lucasarts adventures, the quest games from sierra.. tons of top notch games there in my opinion

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey!,there has been 42 views yet and only 4 persons voted!
What the hell are you doing?Come on I want your advice!

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're right Bgnome Ireally like Monkey island 1-4 and I played Discworld 1 on PSX:a very strange game.
Fun,hard,but very strange!:D

·
Registered
253 Posts
I liked FF6 the most, but as for non-Final Fantasy games, I liked Chrono Trigger and Tactics Ogre the most. They may not be graphically the best according to today, but back then they were quite something. Their storyline was great and so was their music.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
definitely some of the best.
actually chrono trigger sells used at gamestop.com for $99.99 us, where it probably only retailed for about half that price. im not sure about ogre tactics, but i believe that is a collectors item also.
both games were great, awesome music, and have a lot of replay value (which is generally lacking in games today)

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well tidus I must agree that Chron Trigger is one of my all time favorite RPG(if not THE favorite).
Bgnome,are you saying I possess(did I spell it rght)a collector?
I even have one that is broken (had to rebuy it via import 1 year later-damn I hate to be french,we never get the good games-and they run at 50 fps):mad:

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
yes, i do believe that chrono trigger is a pretty hot collectors item. i dont really follow the biz tho so i couldnt tell you how big it is. i also heard that ogre battle was pretty limited too..

S

·
0 Posts
yes, the adventures are cool, but I don't like the 'real' pc rpg's...
in fact sometimes I think the adventure games are more like japanese (console) rpg's than pc rpgs look like em :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
I think that final fantasy has the best and most original music out of them all. All the others musics were based off of final fantasy 1's. especially the battle music.

:wtf:

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by Bgnome
yes, i do believe that chrono trigger is a pretty hot collectors item. i dont really follow the biz tho so i couldnt tell you how big it is. i also heard that ogre battle was pretty limited too..
Cool! It's nice to know this, even thought I'd never sell my Chrono Trigger... I love that game too much... :)

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
15 Posts
well.. i have to say that FF6 has the best music in the FF series. but the best game by SquareSoft in the music and storyline part (in my opion) was Xenogears. There soundtrack (2 cds) is aswome.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts