Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anybody tell me which emulator should I use to run Final Fantasy 7? I've tried ePSXe but it crashes when I have to choose either Continue or Start a new game.
(I have a P][/350 with a Voodoo 2, and I use Windows 98 or Windows 2000.)

Thanks!

O

·
0 Posts
Re:

ePSXe to the best of my knowledge is the best free emulator for FF7. The problem is you have to use another emulator or an earlier version of ePSXe to start a new game and then continue with the new version. But if you don’t need any of the features of ePSXe 1.2 you could just use version 1.0.1 for FF7.

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Re:

Originally posted by wiseman
Could anybody tell me which emulator should I use to run Final Fantasy 7? I've tried ePSXe but it crashes when I have to choose either Continue or Start a new game.
(I have a P][/350 with a Voodoo 2, and I use Windows 98 or Windows 2000.)

Thanks!
From what I've heard, there's a bug with FF7 in ePSXe 1.2.0, but it works great with 1.0.1.

I don't have the game so I can't check it, thought.

[]s Badaro

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Re:

You never heard of that bug????
Where have you been for the last weeks????
ePSXe crashes at different points in the game,ex:when you select new game,when a door is opened by an explosion after the first mission.
It seems to be a problem with the mdecs.

O

·
0 Posts
Re:

I think its just best to use ePSXe 1.0.1 unless you want save states or rumble or something. ePSXe 1.0.1 ran that game almost flawlessly.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Re:

OK.
Hope you didn't think I was angry.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Well I've got the french pal version of FF7 and it works so I think FF7 UK should work the same way(the only difference is the language).

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
So raziel (salut quand meme)

U say that epsxe PAL FRENCH work on epsxe 1.0.1
(I ve never tried FF7 w/ emu to be Honest....)

Hey do U know where I can find epsxe 1.0.1???

Thanks Raziel(or another)
(et viens me lacher un mot sur icq!!)

bye

:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts