Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
I use iDeaS and no$gba the most. I like them the best.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
I use No$GBA exclusively. Even though it hasn't seen an update in what amounts to over a year now, it still has the highest compatability and one of the best performance rates within the supported games.
Along with the newly-discovered NGZoom utility, the compatability is even further increased and some of the most useful secondary features (namely fullscreen and rotation) are added.
The only two negative aspects I have found are the lack of a savestate feature for NDS games (but alas, the real hardware can make due without...) and some incorrect transparency rendering leading to non-transparent fog and basically "blind" play.

·
Registered
358 Posts
No$GBA. It's fast and thats what I care for

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Until DeSmuME gets full cheat support I will have to stick to no$gba as cheats are my main reason for even using my PC over my DS...well that and that save states and age of my poor beaten-up original DS...

·
Registered
48 Posts
No$GBA

I use No$GBA the most. I use the emulator to record my Pokemon wifi battle. i play them on my game of course because no emulator supports full wifi yet. I rip my sav files form my game and load it up in No$GBA. Pokemon Platinum has a Recording feature wher eyou can save battles and replay them back later. so i replay them in the emulator and use a High Quality screen recorder to record the battle. the only to emulators that can load a pokemon file that has wifi data stored on it is No$GBA and iDealS with the wifi plugin. and out of those to i prefer No$GBA better because one of the effect in the game (the stat change animation) which should only cover the effected pokemon, cover the whole screen and not the pokemon in iDealS. No$GBA does have a problem displaying transparent sprites, it fades to black in stead of clear. Out of those two problems, i think the iDealS' one is worse.

Here is an example of the results:

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Well i use desmume, coz i like to test emulators.
But i play games on my real DS.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Desmume and NoGBA, each plays a different set of games.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
No$gba and iDeaS. No reason. They are my favorites.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.