Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which console is worth buying?:confused:
i really love arcade games like marvel vs capcom 2, street fighter alpha 3 etc. but the dreamcast is now discontinued, and i dont want a console that wont last a long time.:(

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think PS2 should be a good choice for u, and it should survive quite long, just wait a little more while to let the price of Ps2 to drop furhter down;)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but didnt sony decide that they were gonna shorten the lifespan of the playstation 2 and release the ps3 in about 2 years time? :(

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
Originally posted by sonicfoot
but didnt sony decide that they were gonna shorten the lifespan of the playstation 2 and release the ps3 in about 2 years time? :(
dont worry about that. Ps2 now has quite alot of good games. I am sure u have to spend more than 10 years to finish all the good games on ps2 if u only play, eat and sleep for the next 10 years.

My point is, the current good games on ps2 are enough for u to play with.

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Originally posted by sonicfoot
which console is worth buying?:confused:
i really love arcade games like marvel vs capcom 2, street fighter alpha 3 etc. but the dreamcast is now discontinued, and i dont want a console that wont last a long time.:(
The dreamcast is pretty damn cheap nowadays.. Get it now since it's so cheap and it has some of the best capcom fighters.. Then save up for a ps2 later on when the price comes down.. If you have enough money by a PS2, then might as well get a dreamcast too.. If only for the cps2 and cps3 games.. Plus you will still have enough money left to save up to buy a Ps2..

I would buy a PS2 right now but only for MGS2 so I decided one game isn't enough to warrent a buy.. Even though it is a freaken damn good game.. Plus I am saving up money for my computer upgrades..

·
Registered
411 Posts
I would go with the PS2 only because it has the games that I like. Howerver you should buy a console that meets your needs and wants, so if you like a specific type of genre then I would suggest doing some research on which console lives up to your expectations. Then you won't end up regretting buying the thing. Hopes this helps you out a bit. ^-^ I have all three as usual ^-^

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
If you're into Japanese imports (like me :p), get a Saturn from a flea market or a garage sale. :p There's a lot of good, cheap games from eBay, and IMHO Saturn emulation is going at a snail's pace.

....but if you're REALLY into the next-gen games, then save up for a PS2. ;)

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Originally posted by Shiori
If you're into Japanese imports (like me :p), get a Saturn from a flea market or a garage sale. :p There's a lot of good, cheap games from eBay, and IMHO Saturn emulation is going at a snail's pace.

....but if you're REALLY into the next-gen games, then save up for a PS2. ;)
I got about 20 import saturn games.. They are all great.. Damn we need a good saturn emu.. Saturn had some fantastic imports..

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Reasons to buy a PS2 right now:
MGS2, Silent Hill 2, Final Fantasy, Suikoden 3 (generally all the RPG series go to PS2!) and arcade games are ported for the PS2 as well! It plays your old PS1 games and at least in the next year none of the other software lineups can even be compared with the ones of the PS2!
Reasons to buy a Gamecube:
its Nintendo and thereas gets the most fun games in the future. Games that WILL be GC only, garantued.
Well, i hate the GC though, for personal reasons... theyre gonna make a ****ing 3D-shooter out of eEtroid and thats the reason why they all deserve to die!
Reasons to buy a XBOX:
well, Microsoft WANTS you to buy it and if Microsoft wants something it's not a good idea to disappoint them. If you don't buy the XBOX your corpse will probably be found in a river sooner or later, so you better obey!
However, none of the games are really that great AND i think that furthermore all those nice games will be released on the PC anyway, NO MATTER what they might be telling you!
So, if you want a XBOX upgrade your PC :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
The real reasons:

PS2: Excellent games now and in the future, plus if you buy used u can get a deal

Gamecube: childish games, and the same mistakes now as with the N64 (lack of games, 3rd party support, and 98% of the games are for little kids), but it will be around a while because it will get supported by all the mindless nintendo kids

Xbox: Like it or not Xbox already has more appealing games, and you know what? Money will only buy more excellent titles and exclusives. And Microsoft has got lots to throw around.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a dreamcast, it's cheap, the games are cheap and there are more games for the dc than for the ps2 at the moment, the best arcade games can be found on the dc and you can play all those classic snes, nes and gb games ;) and there's a lot of pc games getting ported and there's a lot of homemade games created.
You can also play games online since it got a built in modem.

The ps2 have many of the same games as the dc + an ever growing games library. You can play both psx and ps2 games :eek:

Xbox is the most powerfull machine with (few) great games like Halo and Dead or Alive 3 will also get all dc games and many of the ps2 games.

Gamecube is for small kids and will therefor only get games made for small kids.

So your choice, but I would only buy one of the top 3:

PS2, DC and Xbox

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.