Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading the forums and they said that making ISO can halp to solve a lot of problems with epsxe.

What is it anyway?

Where can I get a guide on what should I do?

·
Registered
20 Posts
ytszazu said:
I've been reading the forums and they said that making ISO can halp to solve a lot of problems with epsxe.

What is it anyway?

Where can I get a guide on what should I do?
Basically an ISO is an exact copy of a CD. There are quite a few programs to make them. I've used Nero, CloneCD, and Alcohol 120% myself. I know you can download trial copies of CloneCD, and Alcohol 120% not too sure on Nero as it came bundled with my burner. I've had better luck with Alcohol than Clone CD, and Nero doesn't make a separate subchannel file, not that i've had a problem with that, but it could happen. Just do a search for one of them, download it, and it's smooth sailing from there. Alcohol 120% and Clone CD both have PSX riping profiles, so it's basically a no brainer. Nero is a bit trickier, you have to select "copy CD" then when it goes to the burning window click make image.

Keep in mind most game CD's are around 500-700Mb which can fill up a hard drive pretty quick when you're backing up all your games :)

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
IsoBuster is very nice, and free. If the game has copy protection, Alcohol 52% or Alcohol 120% are good and support the CloneCD image format that ePSXe uses for images with subchannels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts