Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that VGS is a PS emulator that's better than ePSXe, it doesn't need bios like ePSXe. Just don't know where to find them, if anyone does, please tell me. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
well your only hope would be the demo version as sony took it over if i'm not mistaken,they aren't sold anymore either.if you do find the full version of vgs and it requires money don't buy it.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
It has been discontinued, though there has been few (probaply illegal?) hacks of them around. I wont say a name before i know if those hacks are illegal. Im wondering that because VGS cannot be !bought! anymore and maker has stopped all support for it.

About it being better than ePSXe, thats BS. Yes, it has great compatibility, but ePSXe is better in that AFAIK, and its graphics are showed in 320x240 (stretched to 640x480) and software rendered. Looks ugly as hell unless you play it on TV.

·
Eh??
1,737 Posts
VGS is better than EPSXE only if you have a VERY sucky computer (something like a Peitium 3 550 with 64 MB ram, and a onboard video card!!). VGS was easier to use, but EPSXE's compatibility is higher now! And the sound in VGS is not great, specially in Final fantasy games (FF7 works without some sounds, like the sword slashing).
So, I don't recomend VGS anymore. IMO vgs could be a great emu nowdays, if it wasn't discontinued

And, like the others said, its ilegal to obtain VGS on the net. If you find an ond copy on some store, don't buy it. Its not worth anymore!

edit: Yeah, VGS don't need the bios to work, but nowdays its easier to find a bios somewhere than a copy of VGS!!

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
good god huchengwei, this is like the 3rd thread you've posted about PS-EXE files. you even made a new topic about it! stop posting everywhere. repeatedly posting the same requests are not going to get your answer any faster.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
So now i'm closing this, no purpose to have anymore threads about ps-exe files.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.