Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I'd like to introduce myself. Hello :wve: my name is Chris, though I go online by the name spikejones. I'm a 24 year old guy.. but who cares about that, right?

Now that the formalities are over with, lets get to business..
I've apparently come to the x-box emulation scene quite late (in fact, I never even owned an X-Box until the 360's were rolled out). that being said, I am completely lost here as to where I should even begin with trying to get this CxBx emulator working with anything. I've done enough searching to realize that only a few games are supported - they don't run direct from disc, but rather an ISO needs to be extracted in some manner via a hacked DVD drive firmware on the PC or by extracting from a modded X-Box. Neither one of these do I know how to do, and I imagine I may get the answer "google is your friend" (believe me.. I've done it myself on a particular cell phone hacking forum). Questions I have are these..

1. aside from CxBx and my extracted ISO that I'm supposed to do something with that I am unclear about as of yet - what else do I need? I've not seen any definitive directions for using this software. a point in the right direction would be pleasant.

2. Apparently there is also some different branches of the emulator being worked on by different developers... does this mean that each one supports different games?

3. is there a copy of the latest source available somewhere - or only binaries?

4. what do I need to know in order to make it support a currently unsupported game?

5. if all else fails, does anyone know how to simply extract FMV's from a game such as - lets say: Area 51? (I'd like to compile a video with the FMV's)

I know my desires don't justify a necessity for you to bend over backwards to develop support for a game you have no interest in supporting, so I simply ask for ample research materials that I can do so on my own (If I do not find the process to be overly daunting).

Thanks for your feedback.
spikejones

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
First the only games you'll have near any progress with are Celebrity Deathmatch, Smashing Drive, Turok or Futurama. None of these are particularly great games and some are only support with certain branches.

1. You'd best search the xbox-scene website and forums for that sort of stuff. A soft modded xbox is the easiest route but still needs care. You don't need the iso but the games files "hidden" within the iso. A normal pc drive won't see those.

2 & 3. Yes and some devs may not have3 updates their branches.

4. C++ programming knowledge

5. Ask at xbox-scene's forums.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.