Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured out my friend has an M3 Real so I've been testing it out for a while...
I ran into a problem though. For some reason I cannot find my "The World Ends With You" iDeaS save file anywhere! It's the only game I play on the iDeaS and I've beaten the game...it's not anywhere in the iDeaS folder, not in TWEWY folder...I've tried changing the directory it saves to in the properties...nowhere! I've done a search for "the world ends with you" and I just come up with just the game itself!
The game plays fine, I have always been able to continue my game, even now.
Where is my save file!? I know it's out there somewhere, I have beaten the game and it still saves and runs fine. This shouldn't be hard, it's probably really obvious or something..but at this point--I don't care, I've been looking for 3 hours!
I want to move the save file onto M3 so I can play it on the DS where the music doesn't...suck so bad. (it is the iDeaS emulator and all...)
Help would be awesome...

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,364 Posts
Usually, if you didn't specify a save location on where your save files are stored, the save files will most likely be located in the same directory/folder as your game. If you can't find the file there, then have you try searching for hidden files as well? Also, if you used the ingame save function, you can try searching for .sav files. If you save using the save state, then search for .sgs files.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've made sure to have it show hidden files before, didn't see 'em. I've checked in the same spot as the game, not there. I've told it a directory I wanted it to save to, saved it (in game) again, and didn't show up in that directory. I've used save states before as backups and I can't even find those. Can M3 load from save states? I'm going to double check everything...

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,364 Posts
Can M3 load from save states?
Nope

As for a solution to your problem, I suggest you make a folder and set the location for where your save states will be. Then run the game and load the ingame save. Afterwards, save the game using save state. Finally, make a folder for the (ingame) save, then run the game, load the save state, and save using the ingame save function.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I FOUND IT!!
I searched for .sgs and it found one file
"Justin.sgs"
(Justin is my bro's name)
I was like...."what is that?.."
It was located under "C:\Documents and Settings"
Right next to it was "Justin.sav".....
I removed Justin.sav from the folder and sure enough, the continue button didn't show up in-game. I put it back--and I could continue again.
So that's it. I don't know why it was called Justin (no wonder it was a pain to find)
It's great that I found it and all but I won't get to test it out on the M3 because my friend wanted it back.
O well. Thanks imlost, I couldn't find the save state before because I was searching for .sgm...the vba save type..
Least now I know when I get an M3 or an Acekard I'll be able to put it on the DS and not have to start a new game.
Now I'm going to look into Why was it called Justin instead of The World Ends With You?..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts