Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change the command-line to play a certian game where do i have to got to change these opitions.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
You have to run ePSXe manually from the command line (MS-DOS prompt)... or create a shortcut with the command line option you want activated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok

how do i do that? i need to run ePSXe with -nogui so i can play a certain game,i how i run ePSxe on msdos promt so it can run with that command?and does it stay on permantly?

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Open up MS-DOS/Command Prompt from the Start menu.
Then go to the directory where you installed epsxe.
For example, if ePSXE is on c:\ePSXE, you would type:
cd c:\ePSXe

Then run it by typing
epsxe.exe -nogui

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Actaully the -nogui does more than not show the gui... It causes the bios to use a full boot (ie show the psx logo and other stuff) which some games need to run. But as fiveFeet8 said there is a input box in the cutor where you can enter this.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Originally posted by Betamax
Actaully the -nogui does more than not show the gui... It causes the bios to use a full boot (ie show the psx logo and other stuff) which some games need to run. But as fiveFeet8 said there is a input box in the cutor where you can enter this.
Yeah but doesn't ePSXecutor automatically do the full boot thingy with the bios and all without using the -nogui command?

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Um maybe the 1.4 version does. It didn't in the 1.2 version so I added the switch. When I upgraded to 1.4 I never removed it so to be truthful with your post I'm not so sure anymore. I'll cherck it out when I get home from work.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Well maybe it doesn't. I just thought that if the bios screen was shown before the game started up that it was the full boot. I'm not even sure how full boot differs from regular boot.

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Executor doesn't need the -nogui command because it runs epsxe with its own gui and not the epsxe gui.. So it doesn't show all those screens when booting up games.. But when you do use some commands, there is a certain command to skip all the boot up screens as well... -f...... for example...:

-nomdec -f

works good..

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Originally posted by fivefeet8
Executor doesn't need the -nogui command because it runs epsxe with its own gui and not the epsxe gui.. So it doesn't show all those screens when booting up games.. But when you do use some commands, there is a certain command to skip all the boot up screens as well... -f...... for example...:

-nomdec -f

works good..
Well when I said the logo I meant the sony playstation one not the epsxe one. With the -nogui switch it disables the epsxe gui but also does a full boot (The sony logo comes up like as if you have booted the bios).

Adair I checked it out and actually were both right. For isos epsxecutor will show the sony psx logo (hence a full boot) but for cds it uses a quick boot (no logo).

There's more in this thread (my 1st post sob)

http://boards.psxemu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=188

1 - 12 of 12 Posts