Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. what is on your mind? I'm talking about when you're still trying to wake up, still tired. Did you ever stop and think about what's in your head, at such a time?

You all know the concept of "having a tune stuck in your head", right?

Whenever I wake up, I have a song in my head that I heard relatively recently. Like something I heard on the radio. It could be a song I've heard a gazillion times and was recently reminded of again. Even songs that I care to forget easily because they don't frickin' interest me. I notice I have a song on my mind each and every morning, quite random on which ones, and I can't get it to stop. It's like I'm in the proces of awakening, and I'm not yet awake enough to keep busy with mindful matters; a song or a refrain plays endlessly, until my mind moves on to a subject requiring actual thinking, distracting from previous thought.

It's like my mind needs to be busy with something, as if it were, say, booting up, warming up, creating activity within my consciousness, my awareness.

What about you?

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,456 Posts
When I -try- to wake up ..I try to go back to sleep...

Yours,
-E

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
*must turn off that Metal Gear theme song* (midi file my phone plays in the morning)

After that I get the *not already* fase, followed by a point when I try to recall what I dreamt about. Dreams are easy to memorize if you recall them immediately after you woke up.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,906 Posts
meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow.

No, but usually its pretty linear for me. 1. Sit up (major task accomplished). 2. Shower/Get Dressed 3. Get Breakfast 4. Brush teeth. 5. Did I forget any of my crap? 6. Walk out the door.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,624 Posts
usually its the end of a rockin (couldnt resist the lamma word) dream interuppted by a loud buzzer. then i have a much shorter dream and wakeup to another buzzer which i set cause the first one never fully wakes me.

·
Transcended
1,421 Posts
Usually, images of the dream I was having... processing... remembering... making a bet on how much of the dream I'll still remember by the end of the day... IF I remember that I made the bet.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reichfuher said:
meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow.
To think this might be an actual possibility for me. :lol: This morning, all I heard being repeated was KoRn - Tearjerker. I can reflect on the songs without them being disturbed. Like when I don't know the name and keep asking myself where it came from.

Also often on my mind right after waking up is: "Walk dogs".

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just don't want to wake up, in these last days... I'm having "heart trouble" with a girl... It's just a bad period...
Every time I wake up I have a "boot-up time", like recognising ("recognizing"?) the place where I am, what I have to do in the next 2 minutes, trying to find out a way to remember my dream (and never finding one, it's been months like this...).

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
I forgot about the "stop your jabbering, I need coffee" fase :p

I'm not the kind of person that enjoys having large conversations before I had at least one mug of coffee. Usually I just prefer to catch an additional half hour of sleep on the bus while listening to a game OST. It's better than those 'forced' conversations with the only other person who's on the same bus.

·
The Nexus of a Crisis, and The Origin of Storms
965 Posts
Greetings,

Lately I have had a problem where I hit the snooze button on my alarm (which is on the other side of the room) every 9 minutes for sometimes as much as three hours. Thats getting out of bed, hitting the button, and going back to bed 20 times before I actually become self aware enough to begin the waking up process.

Sincerely,
TastEPlasma

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,588 Posts
hmm well back when I was drinking alot I was always asking myself if I wet myself or who did I slept with by checking next to me but that happened like 2/5 that a mysterious girl was next to maaaee ;P

now it's all about checking the time and asking myself If I can sleep a bit longer :p

Sinceberemely,

-Nevermore The Psychotic RobotMaster

·
Coffee Demon
2,916 Posts
We used to have these dreams where we came across a bunch of gold or money. In the dream we realize that we are dreaming..and so we tell ourselves..perhaps if we hold onto the gold / money real tight we will have it upon awaking. In cases like this we wake up white knuckled and cursing ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.