Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember back in the day. When I first got into computers. I did it a few times. I'd always make purchasing decisions without reading.

My first PC was a Cyrix M II 300 PR -225 Mhz. And let me say it was "awful". But I loved it. I thought my machine was the coolest thing ever because it had AGP and it was 300 mhz! I also later bought a Voodoo Banshee. Which was another poor performing part due to its lack of a secondary Texture Map Unit.

Then there was of course that time I just got my Geforce 4 MX 420 with Accuview Anti Aliasing. And I was here bragging about how awesome my computer was and emulation never looked better.. Ahh them were the days. Everything we lack we make up in denial! :smash: :laugh:

·
Registered
608 Posts
My Nvidia Riva with 16mb of memory that I got for $10! That was my first 3D-capable video card and allowed me to run Warcraft 3 :)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Geforce 2 MX/400 ... My very first upgrade and first peice of single hardware I bought :D

·
Terminal Dogma
256 Posts
My girlfriend lucy, unfortunately she doesnt 'suck' but im still proud of her.

if were talking about computers then my first 80286 with uber-fab 16 colour EGA!!! Yay jill of the jungle was cool.

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
My 286 had VGA color baby! Had 512KB of VRAM as well:D

I bought a laptop when I first went to college and I got a K6 II 366. I also got a desktop with a Celeron 366 Mhz. I thought they'd be comparable but the laptop turned out to be severely underpowered. It lasted only two hours, ran extremely hot, and performed less than half as fast as the Celeron. The screen was passive-matrix and had an awful response time and refresh rate and it had a crappy 2 MB S3 Trio videocard. Crappiest 3D accelerator I've ever had (3D decelerator is more like it).

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
My first PC, by the standards that were out when i got it, it sucked, but hey, it was my first pc!!

486 SX 25
Trident 256k Video card
16Mb Ram
14.4kbps Modem
20Mb Hard drive
VGA monitor (struggled to do 640x480)

as you can see, it truely sucked ;p most people had Pentium 100's lol

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Dogmaan said:
My girlfriend lucy, unfortunately she doesnt 'suck' but im still proud of her.
well, if she doesn't suck ... than what's the point of writting about it here (what's more it would be better to write such information to write elswere).

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I bought Sonic Adventure 1 for DC, an original copy, but it didn't work >_< It cost me 15 bucks, I didn't feel like returning it. It's nice for display ^^"

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
hahaha...we had the same Cyrix M II, but it didn't have AGP!
We pushed that bad boy to its limits though...with our hardcore Voodoo 2 PCI graphics baby!

BTW...this is around the time when most of you were sporting Pentium 3 level computers with AGP video cards ;)

·
カラム
365 Posts
Dark Watcher said:
hahaha...we had the same Cyrix M II, but it didn't have AGP!
We pushed that bad boy to its limits though...with our hardcore Voodoo 2 PCI graphics baby!

BTW...this is around the time when most of you were sporting Pentium 3 level computers with AGP video cards ;)
My Cyrix M II Super Socket 7 had AGP. Splat a GeForce2 MX 400 (AGP4X) in there and it could play some 3D games. Still have it now to play with. Even tried Dolphin in it, it could run very slowly and eventually it would reboot.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
ChrisRay said:
My first PC was a Cyrix M II 300 PR -225 Mhz. And let me say it was "awful". But I loved it. I thought my machine was the coolest thing ever because it had AGP and it was 300 mhz!
My Nth PC was a Cyrix PR 200, stock 133 MHz, this one was running @ 150 MHz. It sucked for sure, but the reason I was happy with it was because it was a definite upgrade from the Pentium 75 I had before. Just barely.

Like DW, I equipped my Cyrix with a Voodoo 2 PCI card (Quake 2 was never so pretty and smooth :p), but later on replaced the main S3 VGA card with an 8MB Riva TNT (PCI), which kicked the V2's ass in anything that did not support glide.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Heh, my first computer was a Tandy1000. IT EVEN HAD A HARDDRIVE LOL!

I also remember when I got my first 3D card, an old Diamond Monster Fusion with a Voodoo Banshee chipset. The only thing it could do though was run Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace half-decently. With all highers turned off of course, because I only had a Pentium166 :D

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
not on computers but i remember when i got a D in physics and i was damned proud of it because i worked my ass of for it.

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
I remmember one of the first games I made, the idea was all original... ehh well maybe not it was called pachat. It was on my commodore, and in order to get enough memory for it to run, I had to take the memory of the keyboard buffer, so each time someone pressed the 'Q' key for example there'd be a hat instead, until the computer was rebooted.

I realise now that the AI who were just Dot's who went around at random and the walls which were made of | was really bad... but I was still very proud of the game and would show it to everyone.

OO, yeah and my girlfriend does suck, but I'm still proud of her.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
A few years ago I bought my first computer with my own money.
1.8 Celeron (Northwood)
256MB DDR133 RAM
Intel Extreme Graphics
30GB 5400RPM Samsung HD
I was so proud until I found out I couldn't even run WC3 on it. Then I bought a Radeon 7000 PCI (mobo didn't have an AGP slot) and I was once again the king of the world.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.