Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you americans pride your army, is it possible that the racist tone be cut down?? Sure you have all these amazing gadgets that nobody has but you don't have to belittle other countries so offensively with degrading and racist slurs.

Or is this part of american culture??

Also I find that some Yanks here use the term "kill them all" indiscriminatly as if everybody derserves to die. Again I like to know your reason why you want to kill a child.

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
mecharmor23 said:
When you americans pride your army, is it possible that the racist tone be cut down?? Sure you have all these amazing gadgets that nobody has but you don't have to belittle other countries so offensively with degrading and racist slurs.

Also I find that some Yanks here use the term "kill them all" indiscriminatly as if everybody derserves to die. Again I like to know your reason why you want to kill a child.
AFAIK every army uses that frase to motivate his soldiers (do you realy think they are goin to a country and kill every thing thats move)and is not racist because the are not killing a racial group just any military oposition (the dont care if you white black asian if you give them some reason you are the enemy).

·
Registered
356 Posts
I am an American and I have no idea what you are talking about. You are making a generalization that all americans love the army, that is wrong. Many Americans appose the war and all troops. I believe the troops need to be in Iraq right now to police and stop terrorist from taking over the country.

Once again I've never heard that said on this forum, and if someone did say that they were most likely talking about terrorist. You've got to understand that these extreme Islamic people and their 5th pillar are fighting against America just to fight. America has never done anything wrong to provoke this terrorist and we are being attacked and won't stop till we're all dead and even then they will find a new enemy. Because the 5th pillar means "to struggle" and they bring it upon themeselves.

·
Registered
238 Posts
What are you talking about? And where are you from?

I agree. All terrorists need to die. But who wants to kill a child?

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
We have served in the American military for over 11 years. We have served during 2 and a half wars. We do instill pride in our troops. You have to motivate your troops and keep them confident. A soldier who is overwhelmed by fear is more likely to injure or kill themselves or the people around them. WE HAVE NEVER CONDONED RACIAL SLURS OR FELT THE NEED TO BELITTLE THE ENEMY.

That little "kill them all" comment must be something out of movies. As a soldier, you cannot be indiscriminant. If that were the case, then we would be killing our allies (Like our allies in Iraq, and the troops from UK, China, etc). It is also a horrendous war crime to kill innocent civilians. There are times when the lines are blurred (we used to be haunted by the image of a 9 year old who bore down on us with an Uzi...don't ask please), but real troops are trained to only engage enemy attackers.

Does it happen? Sure...we have a few bad eggs in the ranks, but you cannot judge nor generalize all Americans or all American military.

OH...and if you don't know...The American people are not to fond of the military at the moment. They tend to judge and generalize us just as you have.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
mecharmor23 said:

The irony is that your post is racist and offensive. I have absolutely no idea where this random and somewhat offensive slur came from.

·
Registered
210 Posts
umm Well, I have heard people saying "kill those ***********" and other names I cannot recall at the time, not here but in chatrooms and otehr forums where stupid people roam free and unchallenged. The only reason I support thr troops is because I have a few friends in there fighting but I don't support the reason or the way this war taking place.
Anyways I also have to comment on the what you said in your second to last sentnce about us yanks, I mean gee if your gonna criticize, at least set an exmple don't you think?

One thing you have to understand is that there are some american (a lot of them actually) who love it when the US bombs other countries even if the reason is not justified. Those people are too scared to join the army and if it makes you feel better I think they are also the people that will bring this country to its knees. So there I said it.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
ceramiclion said:
The only reason I support thr troops is because I have a few friends in there fighting but I don't support the reason or the way this war taking place.
Supporting the troops doesn't mean supporting the war.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
scottlc said:
Supporting the troops doesn't mean supporting the war.
Well said :thumb:

Look ceramiclion...We know that there are a few morons in America....Hell..morons are everywhere, but please try not to make the mistake of lumping all Americans together.

As far as the morons bringing the country to it's knees...
As long as there are folks with some sense to balance out the moron ratio, the country will be fine. Stick to your views about the war, but support your friends that are fighting. You may feel like they are fighting for nothing, but if you make "them" feel that way they may lose faith in there abilities and die because of it.

·
Registered
780 Posts
ceramiclion said:
You know, not everyone in the US calls Arabs that. It is wrong to generalize the American people and their beliefs when they are sharply divided like it is now (and not just on war, but things like stem cells, healthcare, social security, border control, etc). The evidence for the Iraq war turned out to be fraudulent, and it should be, and stay in the past. You cannot change the fact the US and its allies have gone to war in Iraq, nor can you bring all those soldiers who have died back to life, but the least you can do is either support their sacrifice over there or just not say anything at all. We Americans know our primary reason for war was wrong, but as DW said, some people in the US are idiots (hence the division). Does that mean that the US and its allies should pull out? No, since that would lead to a power vaccum and anarchy, which would lead the world to scream bloody murder and the death of all of these soldiers would be for nothing. This Anti-Americanism is really getting on my nerves and I think we have had enough discussion on this topic. We cannot change what has happened in the past and some Americans are too stubborn to accept that the reason for war was wrong. Yet I support the war because we must finish what we have started or it will all be for nothing.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
bahamut_2006 said:
You know, not everyone in the US calls Arabs that.
Of course not, and the vast majority of people don't. Yet, people don't seem to realise that it works both ways, there are racists in all ethinic groups.

bahamut_2006 said:
The evidence for the Iraq war turned out to be fraudulent, and it should be, and stay in the past. You cannot change the fact the US and its allies have gone to war in Iraq, nor can you bring all those soldiers who have died back to life, but the least you can do is either support their sacrifice over there or just not say anything at all. We Americans know our primary reason for war was wrong, but as DW said, some people in the US are idiots (hence the division). Does that mean that the US and its allies should pull out? No, since that would lead to a power vaccum and anarchy, which would lead the world to scream bloody murder and the death of all of these soldiers would be for nothing.
Certainly, whether or not the war was justified, now that it has begun it must finish else Iraq will fall into chaos at the hands of extremists.

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
So that's what ********** means... couldn't find it in dictionary :p What a helpful post.

I don't get what mecharmor23 is trying to say.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I really don't get where people who criticize America are coming from. We are trying to help people for christ's sake. And throwing all Americans into a group saying they do this and that is wrong. I have nothing against anybody of any race or religion. I do, however, feel that America is doing the right thing in the Middle East. You want to talk about children dying? Let's talk about the thousands of innocent lives that were lost on September 11, 2001. We had to do something. Losing a few innocent lives to save thousands of others is worth it, IMO.

Quit being such a dumbass mecharmor23.

Go American troops. Go America. Bush rocks.

Q.E.D.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I don't agree with the war in Iraq and some other of Bush's foreign policy but I co-hosted a fund raiser at school to send care packages and body armor to soldiers deployed around the world. I find this overgeneralization of Americans and our troops to be extremely ignorant.

Go American troops. Go America. Bush doesn't rock. :p

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
bahamut_2006 said:
You know, not everyone in the US calls Arabs that. It is wrong to generalize the American people and their beliefs when they are sharply divided like it is now (and not just on war, but things like stem cells, healthcare, social security, border control, etc). The evidence for the Iraq war turned out to be fraudulent, and it should be, and stay in the past. You cannot change the fact the US and its allies have gone to war in Iraq, nor can you bring all those soldiers who have died back to life, but the least you can do is either support their sacrifice over there or just not say anything at all. We Americans know our primary reason for war was wrong, but as DW said, some people in the US are idiots (hence the division). Does that mean that the US and its allies should pull out? No, since that would lead to a power vaccum and anarchy, which would lead the world to scream bloody murder and the death of all of these soldiers would be for nothing. This Anti-Americanism is really getting on my nerves and I think we have had enough discussion on this topic. We cannot change what has happened in the past and some Americans are too stubborn to accept that the reason for war was wrong. Yet I support the war because we must finish what we have started or it will all be for nothing.
Agreed. Iraq cannot be left alone as of now, or the country will probably fall to a civil war. Yet it is like it is because of a war USA started out of nothing, as you say, and i'm yet to hear an apology from the white house. The amazing fact is that even so, Bush got reelected

Regulus said:
I really don't get where people who criticize America are coming from. We are trying to help people for christ's sake. And throwing all Americans into a group saying they do this and that is wrong. I have nothing against anybody of any race or religion. I do, however, feel that America is doing the right thing in the Middle East. You want to talk about children dying? Let's talk about the thousands of innocent lives that were lost on September 11, 2001. We had to do something. Losing a few innocent lives to save thousands of others is worth it, IMO.

Quit being such a dumbass mecharmor23.

Go American troops. Go America. Bush rocks.

Q.E.D.
America is a whole continent, and i just criticize Bush administration ;) . People usually ask for help when they need it. In fact, during the first gulf war, part of Iraq's population did. They were unnoticed then. Now no one asked, yet USA's army helped :rolleyes: .
I agree that generalising is wrong. That's why i said i criticize Bush administration, wich is the ultimate responsible for this war. But really, making a topic starting "Hey you, americans" isn't really the way.
About the last part of your post, it makes no sense. I never knew that vengeance was a justification for a war. Correction, two wars (seem to be forgetting Afghanistan already). Iraq never atacked the USA. The reasons bush admin handled to start the war were that Iraq was providing WDM's to Al-Qaeda - WDM's they never had. Now civil population has died -and still die- in Iraq because of a war they didn't start nor want. And you say some were sacrificed to save a lot more... I don't see how. The terrorist was Osama if i recall correctly, and he is still free and smiling.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not anti-USA (i'll never call it America - for god's sake, there's a whole continent from the north pole to the south one using that name), and i don't think all USA population is recist or so, but it's true that there's a significant amount of people (even between ngemu's posters) who doesn't mind to bomb half world to feel safer - "better them than us". I've read posts in the tone of "i don't mind what happens to the rest of the world if America is ok", so it happens, and it's disgusting.

Squigi63 said:
Once again I've never heard that said on this forum, and if someone did say that they were most likely talking about terrorist. You've got to understand that these extreme Islamic people and their 5th pillar are fighting against America just to fight. America has never done anything wrong to provoke this terrorist and we are being attacked and won't stop till we're all dead and even then they will find a new enemy. Because the 5th pillar means "to struggle" and they bring it upon themeselves.
This must be the most simplistic and misinformed post about USA foreign policy i've ever heard. Just to make an example: Now that Saddam is out of the game, i'll remind you who kept him in power, reinforced his army to fight Iran, and so: the USA administration. Just to mention one scenario of USA's intrusion on middle east politics. That makes enemies. Of course i'm not justifying terrorism, but please leave the Disney's definition of good and evil, the world is much more complex than that. There's no such people as "bad guys that want to kill us just for the sake of it".

Again, i'm not agaisn't the USA or the fight agaisn't terrorism. But i do think that there must be a better way than bombing half Asia.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Yes, it is the sad truth. Beleive it or not, I live in one of the most racist cities in america (says the FBI, not me).

*Rest of my post deleted, I went to far :rant: *

·
Registered
780 Posts
blueshogun96 said:
Yes, it is the sad truth. Beleive it or not, I live in one of the most racist cities in america (says the FBI, not me).
Unfortunately, I somewhat agree with you, but it is wrong to say that is part of American culture when not every American follows that (hence it is a generalization of Americans yet again) As a small town Texan that lives near Bush's hometown of Crawford, I used to be racist myself until I realized that to hold that view is wrong. I despised Islam and those who followed it that called it a religion. I used the term "***********" freely. But that is why America is so divided today. Many still hold views that I used to, especially around here, but their is nothing wrong with Muslims. Just the ones who use their religion as a reason for their actions. They give their own religion a bad name and kill people at the same time. The reason Anti-Americanism is so prevalent in the world today is because everyone else thinks the American people are united. That is a generalization of Bush being elected to another term. About half the country wanted Kerry instead, who wouldnt be that much better as foreign policy goes. We are in Iraq for the long haul, no matter who is in the White House. The thing to do now is what Bush is trying to do: mend relations. Their is no need for the level of Anti-Americanism that I see today. We went to war on fradulent evidence, and now we must face the consequence of that action: helping Iraq become a true, free, and stable democratic country. The American people would like more international support, but I know that we aint getting it. To comment on what I-Chan said, I highly doubt Bush is going to apologize, period. He may admit that the evidence was no good, but I know how Bush thinks. He thinks he made no mistake in going to war against Iraq, and until he does, he will not apologize.

·
"Insert witty title here"
1,049 Posts
I do not see foreigners as bad people. In fact, I respect them more than I respect most American people. I have to say your post is a little ironic. I don't agree with most things the American government does. The thing is, I have virtually no control over it. Someone said they supported Bush because "He knows how to get in there, and get things done." How is starting wars and making other countries hate us getting things done? "Let's start a war and send some soldiers to their deaths. Why not? It's not my life on the line."

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Ya... it's like RTS :lol: The commander (player) never dies.
EDIT: Unless you play 80 hours in a row like some guy somewhere ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts