Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last time I checked, the US dollar is rapidly declining in value. I believe it's at 35 cents compared to the Euro now. That means 2 dollars litterally don't add up to one. Because of this, I haven't done anything such as get a loan, mortgage, car note, etc. Before the dollar becomes worthless, should I try buying up it's money's worth in gold/platinum or start using Euros/British pounds instead? I'm not really knowledgable about economic stuff like this so I just want to protect my assets and stuff like that.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
Yahoo currency converter says

Using an exchange rate of 1 USD = 0.6841 EUR for sept 15th

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
Meh, you could always do what I've been doing these past few years.

1.) Find a country that you like.

2.) Research their local currency.

3.) If their currency is relatively stable, begin investing in their currency, if not, find a new country.

4.) Upon the US's impending economic collapse, move to your selected country.

I've been investing in Costa Rica over the years and should be able to live pretty comfortably down there if I were to move today. If the collapse doesn't happen until after I retire, then I'll likely move down there anyway.

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
if you really believe the currency is giong to collapse. i'd say you should buy as much **** as you can and rack up debt. when it collapses your wages might go up to over a grand an hour.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.